Forum

Author   Comment   Page 6 of 20     «   Prev   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   Next   »
jphovercraft

Reply with quote  #76 
Hi albee,

You (and others too, perhaps) missed the part about Max because I was replying to Susan, posted it, had hit edit to add something, I forget what ... and Max arrived. I got back to that hours later and just kept writing, this time about Max.

As far as the "prescient" comment, on July 2, the day before Max turned up, I had posted the following in missyouso's thread for Pebbles: (continuity in this thread is suffering at the moment):

===

I did something today ... I bought a few things ... some cat food and some litter, a litter box and a scoop. They're sitting in the trunk of my car. I'm not going looking for a cat, although I do miss having a furry presence in the house in a general sense ... on top of missing my dear friend. I love cats in general and they seem to like me for the most part. When I go to friend's houses, if they have cats, I end up spending time with their cats as well as my friends just for that familiar and missed sensation of a purring furry thing under my hand. I've obviously decided I want another cat (or cats) in my life, but I'm going to play it by ear ... see what unfolds in my life regarding feline companionship ... see if my heart gets stolen at some unlikely point ... or if fate presents me with an unexpected opportunity. If so, I'll be ready.

===

There ... now everything should make sense if one reads this far. The thread the above came from can be found here:

http://forums.rainbowsbridge.com/post?id=5378797

Thank you for honoring Miles and me by posting a Hendrix story in his thread. The poor little bug and his poor little tail! It's so great that he was rescued and got to spend the rest of his life with such a big (literally!) and loving family. I can just see him tucked away in a big doggie ear! Priceless! That brought a big smile here ... so thank you for that, too.

I was glad to read "the edges are softening a little" for you. I hope the trend continues. Wishing you peace of mind...

"Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me." - Kermit the Frog

"I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil." - Gandalf
Jimbo106

Reply with quote  #77 
I figured when the supplies showed up....a little one wasn't far behind. : )

Congratulations Max...you may not know it yet..but you have one of the best kitty Dad's going!! Enjoy being spoiled!

Reply with quote  #78 
Little One Max,
Please jump in front of the camera so your daddy will let us see
precious little you.
I Love You Precious Little One,
Susan
albee

Reply with quote  #79 
Yes....Hendrix in Pandora's ear...quite a site..somewhere I have a photo....if i should find it, I'll scan and post...but...not entirely hopeful as it may be well-buried in a storage space...but...i'm inspired..so we shall see.

And yes...we'd love a glimpse of Max...though if that seems too odd to post here..understood also...

I do have visions of kittens dancing in my head from time to time....still haven't talked to the vet (!!) but maybe today...trying to be sure I don't go at the conversation with the wrong attitude...though I'm pretty clear this will not be my vet going forward...

Have fun with Max...
jphovercraft

Reply with quote  #80 
A couple of shots of Max ...

http://forums.rainbowsbridge.com/file?id=1156960

http://forums.rainbowsbridge.com/file?id=1156959

Click the links if you can't see pictures ... something's odd with the digital world here at the moment. The black spot on his eye is his natural color. I'll be sure to tell him about his rousing welcome here.

"Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me." - Kermit the Frog

albee

Reply with quote  #81 
tres exotic is Max...love his different themes...white body, striped tail..great little face...and the ink spot...he's himself for sure...

looks like he's settling in...is that an amp or speaker there?  my partner is a bass player and Hendrix used to perch on his various amps, speakers...wherever he could find a spot..the dogs generally head upstairs when bass practice sessions take place, but Hendrix would stick around...a music enthusiast..

Thanks for giving us a peek at the little guy...very cute indeed...surely he'll grow into himself and into your lives...

Jimbo106

Reply with quote  #82 

Love the pics of Max!! One lucky kitty for sure!

Reply with quote  #83 
Yep, a unique look for sure. I've never seen anything quite like the black spots. A touching moment this AM ... I heard him meowing his head off in the house after playtime ended this morning and I closed the door behind me on my way to work. He's bonding well with his new mom (and she is with him, too!), so I'm sure he found consolation within minutes, even if he has to wake her up to get it!

Yes, that's a bass amp. I've been playing since 1968! The book behind him is John Brunner's 'Stand on Zanzibar'.

albee

Reply with quote  #84 
Just wanted to share a link...in case you haven't heard of this vet....Andrew Jones, a Canadian veterinarian who offers a variety of free items and some not terribly expensive ones...
He gives a really great course on how to examine your pet at home..and save costly and sometimes unnecessay trips to the vet...and he also gives homeopathic remedies for a variety of common ailments...some of which I have used on both our dogs and for Hendrix back when..
i get his regular blog posts and find them really informative.

still struggling ..this weekend has been tough, keep hearing little sounds that I associate with my little guy..and finding my terrace trips to tend to the plants..lonely, poignant...but in time this will pass too, I'm sure.

Hope you and Max and family are having a good bonding weekend..
jphovercraft

Reply with quote  #85 
Thanks for the link, albee. I'll be exploring it later, assuming it's possible. My PC at home wouldn't boot all weekend ... gotta get that looked at.

2 months today ... and I'm feeling it here... sad and depressed ... missing Miles terribly. How could it be 2 months? ... in both senses ... feels like it's been forever and feels like it was yesterday. I just want to go home and hang out with Max. Work is an effort today.

Max is a big help. I'm so glad he turned up. He's blossoming into a confident, active, friendly and loving family member ... and a troublemaker as promised when he's in one of his crazy moods. This is a good thing.

He and his furmom are bonding really well, a joy to see ... which leads us to the current situation ....

Since things are going so well with Max, she decided she wanted to get a 2nd kitten, a friend for Max, so she checked out the paper and there was a 'free kitten' classified in the neighborhood, so she called and the guy offered to bring one over. It was a grey tabbey, cute as could be, same age as Max, in a cat carrier. When the door was opened, the kitten bolted into the house and disappeared. I finally found her under an upstairs bed in the farthest corner, face in and not coming out. I fished her out as gently as I could and again she bolted, this time for the bathroom where she wedged herself in behind the pipes ... where she stayed unmoving until at least 2AM.

I brought her up food and water, went up about every 15 minutes or so and talked to her gently and stroked her, but she didn't move, just stared at me with big scared eyes. I even brought Max up to see her. The whole arrival had happened so fast he hadn't even noticed she was in the house. Max was GREAT with her, sniffed her up and down a couple of times then lay down by her and reached out a gentle paw and essentially petted her, first one paw then the other. When she didn't respond after about 15 minutes, he kept watch at the bathroom door for an hour or so, then finally gave up and came back downstairs.

When I checked on her again around 3:30AM, she was gone, we have no idea where. We've looked everywhere we can think of, except for one closet that she shouldn't have been able to get into, but might have. I'll be emptying it tonight if she hasn't turned up. There's no way she could have gotten out.

I really wonder what sort of situation she might have come from to produce such an extreme response to new surroundings and my heart goes out to her so much ... I really want this to work for her. Heck, I just want to find her for starters! I feel like she might be a rescue cat of some sort.

All you furbabies out there, please help her realize this could be a really good place for her, that she could be happy and unafraid in this house.

Miles ... ? ... we could use a hand here, buddy ...

Jimbo106

Reply with quote  #86 

JP---pick up a jar of baby food on the way home. They come for that even quicker than Tuna. : )  I'm surprised Max is so cool with a newcomer....you're darn lucky.

Reply with quote  #87 
If/when you find her....surely you will...somehow...maybe put her back in a box or carrier...a tight-ish space...where she can feel enveloped and secure...and where she can't bolt...so maybe she can get accustomed to the smells and feel of her new place..and you can let her get used to you guys ..
it does sound like she may have been traumatized ..but being very young...i'd guess this is something that can be overcome with time...
I hope she finds her way back to you...maybe Miles CAN help...

Today very tough for me...I dreamed about Hendrix all night..woke up several times and went back to sleep to dream of him again ...Going to bereavement session for folks who have lost pets ...this evening..and hoping it helps..I am very teary today...had thought I was getting accustomed to life without my boy...but...then suddenly he was everywhere..and not here at all...

Okay...good luck finding the little one...hope to get to the ceremony..is there anything special i need to know about the mechanics of the ceremony?  i tried to check in last week...halfway in...but couldn't figure it out...i'll see what i can see...

wishing you a happy reunion with the newest little kitty...

heartsick

Reply with quote  #88 
Poor tiny baby - to be so scared. I know she will be found somewhere. Please let us know and when you can give her a kiss from me and of course I send kisses to Max!
Love to ALL of you!
Susan
jphovercraft

Reply with quote  #89 
It's midnight, I've missed the first Candlelight Ceremony since Miles left this world, and I've finally had something to eat. Since I got home, I've moved every major piece of furniture and heavy appliance we own at least once, and emptied the downstairs closet and put it all back ... I went to a friend's house and borrowed a harmonica because Max's birth furdad said the kittens came every time he played, (it didn't work for her, it did for Max) ... and finally found Jorja (pronounced Georgia apparently, she got a name while I was at work). "Georgia ... Georgia ... no peace do I find" ... 'til now.

First, thank you, everybody for the support and concern ... like I'd get anything other than that in this place! 

kljhn

Max typed that part.

I got home and immediately started searching. Kathy had been looking most of the day. Couldn't find her and couldn't find her ... I was starting to get a little frantic, afraid she might be trapped somewhere.

Fortunately, Max likes to announce his bowel movements to the world. He gave a couple of big meows ... and there was a reply! She was in the kitchen ... somewhere. I spent the next hour meowing a frantic cat meow. Believe me, I'm pretty good ... I've been paid to make animal noises more than once. Every once in a while she would reply and I could narrow my search. I narrowed it down to the washer/dryer ... but I'd moved it out and looked behind it, I'd run a broom handle and flashlight under it ... but there's a little nook at the exhaust port for the dryer about halfway up and it's recessed ... that's where she'd been. It couldn't be seen unless you pull it -way- out ... and it's so heavy and unwieldy, I hadn't pulled it out enough to see that.

She looked at me and I tried to reach her, but she bolted again and is now in the hall behind the magazine basket where we'll leave her in peace for now. We now have a forensic knowledge of every possible hiding place she has access to so any future searches will me much more efficient. We're going to just leave water and food accessable, wet, dry, and beef and vegetable baby food (thought we'd give it a try, Jim), enough so that Max will leave some, and leave her alone for now ... the main thing for the moment is we know she's safe, and should continue to be so. Whew!

I'm again hopeful that we can get back to trying to gently convince the poor little scared thing that she will find some peace and safety here. Max seems blissfully unaware of her whereabouts at this time and is methodically knocking everything off my desk, having decided he's contributed all he cares to to this message.

I'm going to have a cold adult beverage and try to get some sleep. This has not been the way I expected to spend the 8 week anniversary ... but it certainly kept me from dwelling on it! Love you, Miles. Max says 'hi' and Jorja could use some support.

heartsick

Reply with quote  #90 
I am so very glad you found the poor little baby. Do you have any idea about how old she is? I feel so badly that she is so frightened. I AM SO HAPPY THAT SHE LANDED IN YOUR LAP!!!!! I hope once she comes out that Max gets used to her - or maybe Max will be the reason she decides to come out.
My Love to ALL of You,
Susan
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.