Forum

Author   Comment   Page 19 of 20     «   Prev   16   17   18   19   20   Next
jphovercraft

Reply with quote  #271 

This turned up on my Facebook feed first thing this morning ... a confirmation with perfect timing:

3 Signs Your Pet Is Your Spirit Animal

1) They are your better half

They display character and personality traits that you wish you had. Forgiveness, unconditional love, acceptance, and non-judgment are behaviours that they can’t avoid. They are literally your better half, and you often look up to them for wisdom and guidance.
This is not just an ordinary pet that you have to keep you company or provide you with some therapeutic benefits, they act as a positive mirror for you and reflect back to you personality traits that you need to have. When you see them, you see a better version of yourself that is more relaxed, collected, forgiving, and wise. They act almost as a sort of teacher for you, and you find that you extract a lot of lessons from their behaviour.

2) They inspire and humble you

They inspire you to become a greater version of yourself. Let’s say you have a fight with someone and you end up hurting each other’s feelings. Your pet walks up to you and greets you with total love and acceptance. It doesn’t care what you did or said, it just wants to share a loving space with you. By doing this, they humble you and remind you that love is the greatest truth, and the next day you apologize to that person and end on good terms.
This is just one example of how your pet is actually a kind of mentor and life coach to you. If you have a pet that inspires you to be a better person, appreciate them.

3) They help you heal emotionally and spiritually

Your pets act as a therapist, a psychiatrist, and an anti-depressant for you. When you feel upset, alone, or angry, you will often think to yourself how much you would like to cuddle with your pet. In fact, pets have been scientifically proven to lower blood pressure, reduce depression, and improve heart health.
According to an article published in Scientific American, cats purr during both inhalation and exhalation with a consistent pattern and frequency between 25 and 150 Hertz. Various investigators have shown that sound frequencies in this range can improve bone density and promote healing.
So when you feel like you are being healed emotionally and spiritually by your pet, you literally are.
Almost everyone has a variety of pets in their lifetime, but every once in a while a special kind of pet comes along that sticks out from the rest. They connected with your spiritually, inspire you to be a better version of yourself, and help you heal from your wounds and traumas.
These are your real “spirit animals”. Not a raven, or a hawk, or a deer. The animal that is here to guide you and represents characteristics you are supposed to learn and develop may just be the one that sleeps at the foot of your bed each night.

"Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me." - Kermit the Frog

"I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil." - Gandalf
jphovercraft

Reply with quote  #272 
We got our first real snowfall on Monday night ... I always see the first one as a big white blanket, tucking Miles in for another winter ... miss you, my friend.

"Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me." - Kermit the Frog

vlmatt

Reply with quote  #273 

LETTER FROM GOD

I know you are in pain with the loss of your friend

Your beloved’s soul now in My Arms to tend;

I sent him/her to you for a season of pleasure

So that you can live together forever with pleasure;

Life is the soul placed in your furry love,

Still alive and now waiting for YOU from above!

LOVE YOUR CREATOR!

God Bless you!!!!  I am a cat lover to the sacrifice of myself....
The best ever book on animals in heaven is:  "Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates" by Gary Kurz.   It is a must read and confirms via Scripture that animals ARE in heaven and have souls!!!  Be encouraged!!  :)

Reply with quote  #274 
Hugs to all
Jimbo106

Reply with quote  #275 
Hi JP;  I just finished un-decorating the tree, and put Jamie's ornaments back with her other things. Not a dry eye in the house. I do like the image of a white blanket.

Jim

Reply with quote  #276 
Hi JP
I just read your posting of 5/17
Thank you for posting it, it explains very well why we are traumatized from our losses

The white blanket is a nice way to look at it, I admit to recently removing the small amount of slush and snow from my boys marker and grave
It still bothers me that he is out in the cold , I want the sun always to shine on him

Peace to you
Diana

Reply with quote  #277 
The snow always brings me to my beloved Maddie as it does for you and Miles....Maddie was full of joy when there was snow.
Wishing you a blessed New Year...Judylinn
heartsick

Reply with quote  #278 
We always went for a walk in the first snowfall - in the dark and quiet blanket of snow.

I miss that. My little ones think I am crazy to go out in that stuff. Molly still jumps into my arms so
that I can carry her.

This is Bear's print from the first snowfall one year.

Much love to you all my very dear friends.

Bear Print winter 2009-2010.jpgsmallest photo.jpg 

Nikola

Reply with quote  #279 
Oh no way.
I am so touched y all you have written but oh so so sorry.

I understand all your feelings and hiw strong you are to write all this.
Thankyou.
What a beautiful photo of Miles.

I keep my girls whiskers, I have fur too.
It breaks my heart every time I look or touch.

My grief is so raw ....Oct 12th . My 19 year old tortIe and white.

I send you love.
Bless you
Niki
Jimbo106

Reply with quote  #280 
Been a long five years, or just a few minutes. When I first saw the thread "Spare a thought", I remember my heart sinking that someone else was going through the same thing I had a few weeks earlier. Then I met Miles through well told memories. That hurt even more, here was a cat that was loved by their person like Jamie was by me. It was with warmth watching Max and George come along, and I remember you telling me that it took two cats to fill Jamie's shoes, as it took two for Miles. Yet they be their own, and Miles will always be him.

Can't remember which anniversary it was that a tune and words hounded me, until I finally figured they were for MIles. Once written and sung, I had peace.

Always your friend
Jim

Reply with quote  #281 
Thank you, Jim ... so good to get here this evening and find an understanding message. I needed that.

This year is a little harder it seems ... it falls on a Monday this year, just like when it happened. Sunday's weather was almost a duplicate of THAT Sunday's weather, the last full day I had with him ... grey and cold and intermittent rain ... I laid white roses on his grave as I have every year ... Max insisted on helping and brought a smile with his antics. I needed that, too. I got a lovely message from Soppy's Grammy on Facebook and one from Jim, too. As ever, the friends I made here come through.

Jimbo106

Reply with quote  #282 
Hello Old Friend.  You do know that every year when I re-read this thread, there isn't a dry eye in the house. You were a BIG help in those early times, when the grief not only kicked me when I was down but ripped away everything it could. Thankfully, the passage of years blunts the raw grief, it's only on nights like this that Kleenex comes in handy.  Hoisting a mug to Miles the Wonder Cat, and Jamie the Puppy Kitty. Blessing to you and Miles on this eve.

Jim and the girls

Reply with quote  #283 
Thank you, Jim ... this one was harder than the last few for some reason, but once again the friends I made here during that time (thanks to your invitation) have been there for me. Give the girls a scritch for me and if you're talking to Jamie, tell her I said she's a beautiful girl.

Snowfire

Reply with quote  #284 
Oh God just read this. Our stories so similar. Found a whisker too. Crying too hard gotta go.
heartsick

Reply with quote  #285 
This year was more difficult for me also.
They left something out about Soul Mates, we could read each other's minds and tell each other things telepathically. My house is 1.5 miles at the end of my street. My sitter told me no matter what time of day or night I came home when I turned onto my street 1.5 miles away Bear knew and went to the entryway to wait. The sitter would call on my cell and tell me I just turned onto the street because Bear was waiting. My heart still aches for all of us. I know They brought us together.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.