Forum

Author   Comment   Page 18 of 20     «   Prev   15   16   17   18   19   20   Next
jphovercraft

Reply with quote  #256 
I wanted to post this on the 16th, Miles' anniversary, but even more, I wanted to be sure the authors approved of me doing so. I left trying to contact them about it a little late, I'm afraid. Jim sent me this a while ago ... I don't recall exactly when ... he says it's from Jamie and I have no reason to doubt that at all ... it arrived as a song in a wav file. I was (and still am) touched and honoured ... I'll record it myself some day with the best players I can get.

===

Mile's Song

Miles my angel
My sweet kitty angel
Miles my angel, you left with my love

Wait for me angel
My sweet ginger angel
I'll see your green eyes as I gaze up above

Now the pipes they play quiet
The drums they beat slowly
Wake softly my angel, my time here is through

Run to the rainbow
The wide coloured rainbow
Run to the rainbow with it's brilliant hue

I'll come to you angel
My sweet orange angel
I'll come to you, Miles, my journey is done

We'll meet at the rainbow
The glorious rainbow
We'll join at the rainbow, two hearts become one

-Jim and Jamie Lee

"Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me." - Kermit the Frog

"I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil." - Gandalf
heartsick

Reply with quote  #257 
This is so beautiful.
All I have been doing is crying all week.
I can't wait to hear this when you
put it to music. I am sure I will cry even harder.

My Love to You and Miles always.

Susan
heartsick

Reply with quote  #258 
I just wanted you to know that you and Miles have been in my thoughts...

Jimbo106

Reply with quote  #259 
Over the last three years I've spared many more thoughts than one for you, Miles. I never met you in person but learned what a wonderful, handsome orange boy you were from your Dad's stories of you. Your memory will live with all of us who grew to love you here.

Keep watch over my little girl. To me, you will always be her friend.

Jim and Jamie

Reply with quote  #260 
Three years ago today, Miles the Wonder Cat departed from this world with assistance from my vet and me ... the hardest thing I've ever had to do. He's responsible for making me the crazy cat person I am today ... and that's a good thing. I've always liked cats, but he pushed me right over the edge, teaching me more about compassion for other living beings than any other creature ever has, human or animal. I loved that little orange menace and he honoured me with his complete and utter trust and unconditional love in return. He's the only being that has spent his entire life with me. He taught me more about being still in the moment than I ever learned from any of the books I've read on the subject.

It's because of him and to honour him that I now do what I can to support the work done by organizations like the Lakefield Animal Welfare Society and Operation: Catnip. It's because of him that two new furry residents have found their forever home with us.

I still miss my buddy, my soul cat, and he's made me want to try to be the person he always seemed to think I was, even when I wasn't.

At the very bottom is a link to a song that has become one that brings his memory back so poignantly lately ... from the late, great Warren Zevon. Tissue alert ...

“I have lived with several Zen masters, all of them cats.” - Eckhart Tolle

IMG_0288.JPG  CAT IN HEART.jpg 

"Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me." - Kermit the Frog

heartsick

Reply with quote  #261 
Dearest Miles,

You are with my Bear and Julie's Gemma and Jim's Jamie. We lost you all together.

But the LOVE we have for you and you for us will NEVER DIE. LOVE NEVER DIES.

You and Bear, and Gemma, and Jamie ( and everyone else's babies here) have taught us
to open our hearts and to share ourselves. We love because you our the other halves of ourselves.
We love you so much that love spills over and we have all found a place for it to go where
it can help others to find forever loving homes.

Miles, you would laugh at your brother and sister. They do silly things and make your Papa laugh. Not the same as he laughed and loves you but he laughs at them. Miles, You and your Daddy will always be special and love each other very much. Just like Bear is the other half of me so Miles you are the other half of your Daddy. Gemma is the other half of Julie and Jamie is the other half of Jim. The eight of us started here together and we will ALWAYS be together. We will always be here for each other and we will always LOVE EACH OTHER.

Sweet Sweet little Miles - You will Always be Daddy's little Orange Boy and so every Miles_JP_nap_small.JPG  time I see a sweet little orange boy I think of you.

You have brought pure joy to your Daddy and to all of our little family here. We LOVE YOU MILES - FOREVER and ALWAYS.

Susan

jphovercraft

Reply with quote  #262 
Thank you, Susan and Jim ... as you know, it helps so much to know that someone besides me knows that Miles was here for a while and that he mattered ... that he made a difference.

judylinn

Reply with quote  #263 
Blessings to you..I remember when Miles passed. It's so hard...His love is with you every single second....just as yours is with him....
heartsick

Reply with quote  #264 
Sweet little Orange Boy Miles -

You are so very Loved and missed.
jphovercraft

Reply with quote  #265 
IAMS has been running an advert lately with an orange tabby named Miles ... sometimes it makes me smile ... sometimes not so much ... never know when it's going to pop up or how I'll react ...

Jimbo106

Reply with quote  #266 
Yeah.... even 50/50 would be a good average. :(  Miles has helped a lot of kitties in the last three years, Jamie has done the same down here in the lower 48. I've come to really like Earl Grey. :)

Jim

Reply with quote  #267 
It's been four years now since I held Miles the Wonder Cat while he left this world. I still miss him every day. The two weeks leading up to this anniversary were pretty rollercoaster-ey this time. In some weird way, it's almost a relief to have reached the actual day. I'll be playing with my favourite blues band this afternoon. Music is the best therapy for me, especially blues. The best way to mourn. This time it'll be for Miles ...

... and Mr. B. B. King will be in my thoughts as well. Maybe you could look him up, Miles, and give him a head bonk for me.

heartsick

Reply with quote  #268 
Miles your Daddy will always love you and miss you, however so will I.

Bear and I love you and miss you - though I suspect that you and Bear and Jamie and Gemma have come together as your parents have. Julie and Jim miss you too Miles, sweet little orange boy.

You will always be loved-
You will always be missed -
You will always be thought of -
You have touched so many lives with love.

Much Love sweet boy and to your Daddy too.

jphovercraft

Reply with quote  #269 

Roberta is having trouble posting here today and asked me to add this for her and for Miles ... it's my honour and pleasure to do so ...

STAR.jpg 

mmm...
once... again 
in my humble opinion... time is... manmade
that being said...
can it be???... 4 years 
in our minds... it has been... an eternity...
in our hearts... a fleeting moment... 
one in which... we are still grasping for the understanding of... the magnitude... of our physical loss
each of us received... a surprising gift...
with the passing... of our furbabies...
our losses brought out... the best... in our essences/souls
an understanding compassionate kindness... reaching out to others who have experienced... similar losses
on a personal note...
I will... forever... treasure... each of you
in the midst... of our tragic losses... we have become bonded... on a spiritual level... with sacred friendships...

dearest Miles the Wonder(ful) Cat...
thank you... thank you... for your most loved... Dad... and... his priceless friendship 
we will wander... with JP... until... that time... when he returns... home... to you... in Paradise
Best Wishes SoppysGrammy aka Roberta

in my opinion... the following post... truly... represents... our feelings... for our furbabies

Jimbo106

Reply with quote  #270 
Family always comes together on days like this, both at the bridge and here. Roberta, Susan, Julie, and Judy say it better than I can, but I'm happy I got to know Miles and all of you through him.

A very good day to you my friend, and a good day to Miles and his friends.

Jim

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.