jjkjr1967
one week ago we had to make the painful decision to put down our dog of 14 years its been a rough week and we miss her so much...so many things have run through my mind since that moment a week ago...whats she doing..thinking...feeling...is she happy and how will i get over this if ever i have never felt this pain and emptiness before....its very powerful and emotional and i know everyone here is going through the same thing....hugs and prayers to everyone here tc =]] i have some of my fav pics of her and our other dog molly who passed  4 years ago and my daughters cat webs 0114011451adiva.jpg 
joe k
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Joe,

What wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing the pictures of your beautiful dogs and your daughter's cute cat. I hope in time happy memories help ease your pain.

Jan
Quote 0 0
grievingmama
Hello Joe. I'm so sorry for your loss. Your pup was a beauty, very soulful eyes. What an awesome fur-family you've had. It's so hard saying goodbye, especially to our old grey senior companions. I said goodbye to my boy of 13 yrs just over a month ago. I can tell you the grief comes in waves. The first week I was a disaster, didn't eat, didn't go outside and just stopped trying to answer the phone because I sobbed like a child every time. The first month was mostly filled with brain fog, shock and feelings of guilt. I'm now in a phase of obsessive picture and video watching of my boy and I have about 2 good crying sessions a day, I think I've moved into extreme missing him. I also find myself remembering/noticing things, like when I auto turn down the tv at night so I don't wake him, or when I get up in the middle of the night and only turn on the dim light in the kitchen so he's not disturbed, or realizing I've been trained to always close the washroom door behind me because for years he would go in and steal the toilet paper roll...you grieve all the little changes in your life too. Just be present with your pain. You loved deeply, this is a great loss to endure. My thoughts are with you. xx 
Quote 0 0
KadyMcGann
Absolutely lovely pictures! What cuties, thank you so much for sharing. I put my 16 yr old schnauzer down tonight and am hurting, I hope we can both find peace and comfort in the loving memories that we have of our fur babies. I wish you all the best.
Quote 0 0
jjkjr1967
ty to everyone who replied i really miss diva i have been looking at her pictures alot lately and watching her videos wishing i could know if she was alright for going through what she did i feel so bad for her and i dont know ill ever get over it...i guess ill always wonder about her until my final day and pray we are together after that living like we did when she was alive....im glad she was brought into my life but now im empty inside and it drives me crazy at times...im having a hard time realizing why and how can an animal affect us like this....and should we be allowed to make the choice for them to send them to pet heaven or should there be some other way....i wanted her to pass at home then i wouldnt feel this guilt of how scared she musta been at the vets she always hated it there and thats the last thing she saw ugh....i know everyone here is suffering......all ican say is ill never put myself through this again its messed up and i wish i didnt feel like this...i cant even look at her final pictures i took  before she left....diva just know i love u with all my heart and always will baby girl...love from your daddy..... hugs and tc all =]]
joe k
Quote 0 0
jjkjr1967
its 2 weeks today and im bringing my divas ashes home tomm....i hope it helps me heal...its been rough but thanks to all the great people here and in the chat its been somewhat helpful and easier to deal with.....i wanted to add more pics but there all sideways and no matter what i do i cant get them upright ugh......
joe k
Quote 1 0
P_Mom
Dear Joe, so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Diva. 💖 It goes without saying your grief for her is due to the deep love and bond you shared together.  The pain is unbearable and most all of us on here understand what you're going through.  Thinking of you and sending comfort your way.  
Jennifer
Quote 0 0
jjkjr1967
well tomm will be 3 weeks weeks since my baby passed still hurting bad....got her ashes home last friday it has helped alot....still cant sleep but i have been able to eat better i lost 8 pounds since she passed....miss her more than ever,,,,had her in my dreams for the first time last night,,it was short and sweet she came up to me and wanted hugs and love was so sweet.....but it woke me up lol......not sure what it means....
joe k
Quote 0 0
Mdmoore
What a beautiful dog!  I had a chocolate lab Ruby and loved her so much and always will.  The pain may lessen with time but will always be there for me. Just like you, I had to make one of the hardest decisions of my life to put her down and my baby girl was same age as Diva.  I wish pets lived as long as people.  Diva will always be in your heart and nobody can take that away.  The special memories we built with them will be with us forever.  
M moore
Quote 0 0
jacksmom16
It seems our feelings are mirrored, Joe. 3 weeks and 3 days ago, we had to say goodbye to our beloved rescue Beagle, Jack. HE saved US  7 1/2 wonderful years ago. I cried non-stop for the first week and off-and-on now for the past couple of weeks. I, too, thought I'd feel a sense of relief when his ashes came home, but, of course not the same as if he were actually coming home. I miss his sweet eyes and the way he liked to snuggle for a good-night kiss on top of the head, every single night. That seems to be the hardest time of the day for me. That and the very distinct "a-rooo" at 7:30 every morning when it was time for breakfast and the same excited "a-rooo" when I got home from work. I knew it was going to be hard when this day came, but I don't remember feeling this much grief and despair with the loss of any other pets in my life. My hope is that Diva, Molly, Webs, Ruby, "grievingmamas" boy, Kady's schnauzer and Jack are all running around and playing together. Warning: if any of your pets had a bone, Jack stole it and buried it by now. :)   I wish peace and hugs to all of you who are also dealing with the loss of your fur-baby. 
KM
Quote 0 0
jjkjr1967
thx for all the kind words everyone i feel for us all its tough 5 weeks coming up tomm still hurts but im being strong as i can hugss to all tc 
joe k
Quote 0 0