Olivia_77
It has been one week since my beloved Breeze Kitty passed.  This has been the most empty week of my entire life and I say that in all seriousness.  Very few people understood my grief and only a handful cared enough to inquire more than once if I was okay.  Two very special Christian friends have went above and beyond to be my support group. Of course, my parents and husband understand and continue to offer encouragement that I will be fine. 

I look out my living room window and see the tree he is buried under.  The leaves have fallen and I think of how he'd have such fun running after them as they fall. 

I will work through each day until the pain eases.  The emptiness will continue but I'll strive to fill it with seven years worth of wonderful memories.

I love you always, Breeze.
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Dear Olivia, I know, and my heart is with you.

Many people don't understand. How can they? You and Breeze were the only two who really DID understand the depth of love between you. It's a secret, sacred thing.
People were so kind to me when Misty passed. But yes, after a couple of weeks, they too stopped asking how I felt. I can't judge why. It might have been that they couldn't think what to say any more to comfort me...? You see, people kind of know that whatever they do say will often not help. They will be there in the crisis, but afterwards don't always know what to do.

But it's good that your Christian friends understand and will help you. 

I have never thought of myself as being particularly religious. However, I had a powerful dream last November that Misty came to visit me, and we ran on the country lane in the dark, and she led me to the little village church. It was such a beautiful dream indeed!
Now sometimes I go in there, alone in the silence, and talk to Our Lord. I take all my gratitude, and any questions. I take Misty in my Heart. Whether she is 'visiting' me or not (I carry her with me in my heart every single day anyway)
And I have received much gentle quiet comfort in that little village church.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
LUCA
Hello Olivia -

So sorry about your loss. Last Saturday was two weeks Luca passed. Nothing is or will be the same. It is difficult to find people who really understand what you are experiencing.

You are at the right place now.. Every one in this site fully understand your pain! Give yourself permission to cry and/or grieve in any way you se fit. Time will heal but the space our babies left in our hearts nothing nor anyone will filled.

Hope you will find peace and comfort......

Blessings,

Maria - Luca's Mom
Maria ---- Luca' Mom
Quote 0 0
Daisymaesdaddy
Olivia,

I am new to this forum. I lost my baby girl Daisy Mae on Tuesday 1 1/2 days ago. I was in absolute despair looking for a place to help me grieve and I found this site. I have read stories from people who are going through the same thing we are. Many are offering encouragement and support and I for one feel at home here already. I will keep you, your Breeze and all who are here in my thoughts and prayers. I to used to think years ago when people grieved over a pet what was the big deal it's only an animal? My baby girl was the best friend I ever had in my life. She taught me more about love than any person ever did. She was loyal and the best companion anyone could ever have. I miss her and will love her with all my heart forever. I and we are here for you and will keep you in my thoughts.

David
Daisy mae's daddy
Quote 0 0
LindaLou53
Olivia
I truly understand your pain. I lost my pet blue and gold macaw parrot last week. I too, look out the window where she is buried next to her sister. I had two of them and they died two years apart but Dino was with me for 20 years. It is such an empty feeling to come home and she is not there. I truly understand your pain and wish I could help ease it for you. Mourn and grieve as long as it takes. I know I am going to.
Linda M.
Quote 0 0