Bearkittysmom
One week ago today I held my beloved Bear Kitty for the last time...only I didn't know it was the last time. I left him at the vet clinic and promised I would be back for him. I feel so guilty that I never kept that promise...never got to say goodbye. All I can do is believe that I will see him one day again. And for now, that is all I have to hold on to. 

I Believe

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin
I feel you come back again
and it's like you haven't been gone a moment from my side
like the tears were never cried
like the hands of time are holding you and me
and with all my heart I'm sure we're closer than we ever were
I don't have to hear or see
I've got all the proof I need
there are more than angels watching over me
I believe, I believe
that when you die your life goes on
it doesn't end here when you're gone
every soul is filled with light
it never ends and if I'm right
our love can even reach across eternity
I believe, I believe
forever your a part of me
forever in the heart of me
and I'll hold you even longer if I can
the people who don't see the most
say that I believe in ghosts
and if that makes me crazy, then I am
cause I believe, I believe
there are more than angels watching over me
I believe, I believe
every now and then, soft as breath upon my skin
I feel you come back again, and I believe.
I believe.

I Believe~Diamond Rio
Quote 0 0
always_tuffy
Dear BearKittysMom,

Hi.  I see ur logged on.  One week is a short yet along time ago isn't it?

Everytime I thought how I left my Tuffy at the vet, promising him the doctor would make him better and he'd come home, I collapsed in a sea of tears.  I know how bad that memory is.  It feels like your heart is gone.  My little man is 8 wks gone and I still hurt every day.  Still wish every day to hold him.  But it is a little better than it used to be.

I'm sorry for all the emotions facing you in the journey of grief.  As I told you in my first reply to you, no emotion, thought or feeling is TOO MUCH.  Our love for our companions is as real and true as for any human we ever knew.

I'm glad to see you are visiting this site often.  At least you know you are not alone.  Pls take care of yourself physically as best you can.  Your shock is still effecting you both emotionally and physically.  You must grieve at your own pace, in your own way.  Don't let anyone rush you or deprive you of the emotions you need to heal.

Prayers to You,
Death leaves a heartache no one can heal;
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Tuffy, My Puppy Love
June 20, 2005-July 26, 2010

Becky Leigh, Queen of my Heart
December 2010-November 10, 2015
Quote 0 0
dde9227782
Dear Tuffy and Bear,
Oct 8 will be 4 months that my baby is gone.  Precious just turned 12 a few days before we put her down.  I guess a part of me knew that it was for the best but as i look back on it and remember how she stared at us when we left the vet (like 'help me please') I feel so guilty and miss her so much. She just seemed to go downhill within the matter of 3 weeks.  Bear it does get easier, I also had a very hard time.  I returned to work a day after putting Precious to sleep and had a bad panic attack.  My pressure went sky high (I never had a problem with blook pressure).  I had to take anxiety meds to help me sleep for a few weeks afterwards.  When I closed my eyes, I heard her paws (piddle, paddle, piddle, paddle) as she used to visit each room in the middle of the night.  Then I hear her choking as if she had to throw up but nothing came out (the night before we put her down).  Occasionally, I still cry and think of her. However, I know that the odds were against her and we were blessed to have her in our lives for 12 years. I hope these posting help you in your grieving. 
Quote 0 0
always_tuffy
Dear BearKittysMom,

I am posting a link to a website that has brought me much comfort.  I hop e when you can, you will visit and read some of the articles.  It is http://www.pet-loss.com .  Also http://www.livestrong.com discusses the stages of pet loss grief each of us must work through.

I pray you will visit and find some help in your time of sorrow.  Keep remembering this is your grief and your time to mourn your loss

With understanding,
Death leaves a heartache no one can heal;
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Tuffy, My Puppy Love
June 20, 2005-July 26, 2010

Becky Leigh, Queen of my Heart
December 2010-November 10, 2015
Quote 0 0