1967Pinecone
One week ago.....

I was ticked off because something I'd ordered online was shipped to my home address, not work.

I was annoyed because the company I work for decided we all have to wear uniforms, which we have to pay for.

I complained about the cold and the rain and the wind.

I complained that somebody owed me money.

I snapped at my boyfriend because he forgot to stop at the feed store and buy hay and chicken feed.

I grumbled about gas prices and the cost of hardware cloth.

Then the unthinkable happened, and all those things don't really matter, do they? Not when you've lost a furbaby. Even an untamed one. Those things are minor. They're grievances, and we forget them.

I had this poem hanging on my refrigerator for years. My mother sent it to me. It's called "Ordinary Day."

“Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return.”

Everything was so perfect a week ago.

Love and hugs to all of you.
"Some of you say, "Joy is greater than sorrow" and others say, "Nay, sorrow is the greater." But I say unto you, they are inseparable. Together they come, and when one sits alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed." Khalil Gibran
Quote 0 0
Kyle
Thank you for sharing this. I'd give anything to go back a month ago.
Quote 0 0