MorganC37
It’s a week today since my little Dolly has been gone. The last 7 days have been extremely difficult. The deep sadness has followed me everywhere I have been. My husband has a colleague who works at an animal rescue shelter and he took me this afternoon so I could just go and pet the cats and dogs. It gave me so much joy to stroke these animals who desperately need some love and was actually very therapeutic. It has eased my soul just a little today. Dollys food and water bowls are exactly as she left them untouched from Saturday and her favorite toys still lay around the house. I can’t bring myself to move anything just yet. When I’ve been alone at home I’ve called out to her a few times and shaken her favorite treats. I don’t know why, I think my husband thinks I’m crazy but I have sensed she’s still with me and if she is there I want her to know I know! I also read somewhere about lighting a candle in the window for a loved one to find their way home so I have done that tonight. I love you Dolly...forever in my heart.
Quote 0 0
Mustloveanimals
I have done the exact same thing in terms of leaving items the way they were for my Sam I lost last Wednesday. I have called out his name as well when I'm alone and I don't know why. I think it makes me feel good or something just to call his name again because I had done it countless times over 18 and a half years and it feels comforting thinking I still have him around at least in spirit possibly. And I think I just want him to know that I cared so much. Sometimes in the forest occasionally I do call out the names of my dogs that have previously passed, when on trails that we had taken and discovered together. It's always in the silence and at specific special places that we had been together. I have no idea if this is good in terms of healing but there is no more crying and it feels like I'm giving them the respect that they gave me their whole lives. And I know from friends when there pets passed away they have done the same thing and we thought it's part of the healing process. At least it is for us. I think my friends and I agreed that it turned from mourning to respect to an understanding that we shared our lives with a pet that we loved completely and of the time that we spent together 99.9% of it was wonderful and that's what I remember now. I feel that getting things out and expressing the emotions built up inside helps with the whole healing process. I wish you peace and wellness.
Quote 0 0