JayMri
So today marks one week since we lost our Ripley girl. I am still not over the shock of it and how fast she got sick. We are settling into our "new normal" but I never stop thinking of her. Today I was looking through pictures of her on my phone. The hardest ones are of her in the living room. It's just so hard to believe she won't be there when I get home. :(

It helps to have our other dog Missy there to great me and to take on walks but it's just not the same. They have such different personalities, Ripley was always full of energy and Missy is quiet and laid back. I have good days and bad. Yesterday I felt okay today has been rough. The vet's office called the other day and we can go pick up her ashes. We'll go Saturday when we can go together. Neither my husband nor I are up to doing that on our own.
Jamie
Quote 0 0
Vegas2015
JayMri,

So many, as John and I, have gone through is similar to others.  You still think they are there, look at the spot (out of habit) to where they sat, check the water bowl, search through all your pictures and collect them in a folder, look through the internet for various web sites, among a slew of others tasks. While you may discuss with friends, empathy is hard for others to comprehend over the loss of a beloved companion.

One person told me when I was sad is to know that they are still with you.  We have our ashes back from our Chihuahua, in a nice box.  While is little spirit has moved over the Rainbow Bridge, his physical remains are with us.

Even though we have a piece of our hearts lost, would do it all over again.
John & Renee
Quote 0 0
Larissa
It's great you have something physical to cling to. I buried my little Easter in the back yard. It's been ten days. I' m desperate to hold him one more time. I buried him the day after we lost him and I think I could have used more time with him to just sit and hold him. It probably is never enough time,and seeing him or holding him one more time wouldn't change the fact that I still want him back. Having them cremated and having that part of them is so nice though. I think it will give you some comfort
Larissa
Quote 0 0