Jillybean
Hello All.

Two years ago my most beloved pet (and my first ever pup) passed suddenly at the age of nine. I was utterly devastated as she was my best friend and it was so unexpected. I stayed in bed for a week, too heartbroken to move. Finally my husband convinced me to see a therapist. The therapists recommendation was to get a new dog. I was furious and left the appointment. Later that day I began thinking about what the therapist had said about it being a good way to honor her memory and so I logged on to the humane society website...for just a quick peak. I was dumbstruck when the first dog I saw was a little black lab mix pup that was a virtual copy of my pup. To make the situation more eerie the little pup was named Moon and my pup that had passed was named Stella (star). I showed the pic to my husband and he convinced me we should go meet her. I called the humane society and made an appt. When we got there we learned that she had been adopted and returned twice and probably would not be given more chances. So we took her home. This was only 10 days after my Stella had passed. I tell this story because it may be relevant to my ultimate question. 

I dream about my deceased pets a lot. They are always happy visits and I always feel good to "see" them again. However, it's been two years and I have never had a dream about Stella. Could it be that she's angry with me for adopting a new pup so soon and doesn't wish to visit? 
Jill
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Jillybean,
Sorry for your loss of Stella but I believe that she sent you Moon. Like you said it was eerie because of her name. Stella was sending you a sign right then. I have never dreamed of my animals that has passed. I got other signs such as feathers, butterflies flying right by me.Our babies always give us unconditional love and they couldn't ever be angry at us. They always want us to be happy and that is why Moon was sent to you. I hope this helps.
Quote 0 0
Maiaboo
Sorry about stella! Yesterday i had to put down my 13 yr old yorkie and understand all the guilt amd paim associated with it. I still have my 12 yr old yorkie who is in good health. Today and yesterday i have a sense of guilt to pay attention to her because it isnt fair and that we arent allowed to be happy. Im having to remind myself every second that our furbabies that have passed WANT US TO BE HAPPY! They feel horrible knowing we are grieving and purposely beating ourselves up. They want us to move on and be happy because when youre happy, theyre happy! Stella would have loved moon if they met! Even though last night was my first night asleep after my baby passing, i didn't have a single dream of him. I woke up disappointed but i understand that its ok! He is probably having so much fun in heaven he doesnt have time. What matters is that she is in your heart and you are certainly with her! There is literally no other human to ever exist that she would be waiting for. She is waiting for you to return one day and she loves you so so much
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Jillybean -no that's not the reason you don't see your sweet girl in dreams. I am convinced it isn't.

My Misty was very good at connecting with me heart-to-heart and we had many joyful visits that way while I was awake!
But she didn't and still doesn't -visit very often in dreams. I guess I have had about 4 dreams in 7 years that I was sure were "visitation" type dreams.

I have heard it said that is a specific skill, and there is a technique to doing it, and not all Souls find it the easiest way to make contact. Though some have an ability for it and can do it easily.

So don't worry about that. Your girl will find other ways if and when she can. Listen to your Heart, because sometimes she may be curling up there with so much love.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
teenyweenybb
(Pictures are wonderful, but the contact is the love, emotions, memories the picture creates. They will respond to the loving memories, eventually, when the time is right. Around Halloween is just one time of year when it is a right time.)

our love baby
Quote 0 0
redgirlraven
My sweet Roary who passed in June has never visited me in my dreams. Nor have I had any clear signs from him and it hurts me too. That being said, i like everyone else here, believe Moon was the ultimate sign from Stella. Maybe she doesn’t want to interfere with the bond. Maybe she doesn’t need to visit because she knows you have Moon. maybe when Moon passes they will both visit together.
I don’t know the answer. I admit I worry my Roary doesn’t visit me because he is mad at me for having him stay at the vets in his final days away from me and his brothers. Maybe he felt so abandoned he doesn’t think I want to so see him...
I don’t know. But you see I am vulnerable to the crazy spiral of grief and guilt. Somehow we both need to free ourselves.
AR
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
redgirlraven,
I learned a lot from my dog Misty who passed over in 2012. I learned a lot after her passing, and if I can ever help with those things, I try to.

They really don't hold onto their last vet visits. They might have been scared at the time, but those things are soon forgotten. She showed me that.

Dreams and signs aren't the only way they connect with us. Sometimes they do it directly with a heart-felt warmth of love straight to us while we are awake. Only we don't always know it is them. Sometimes that can be quite gentle and subtle.
But in those moments it's like you are drawn really close to them.
We can think that's just our own thoughts or memories and dismiss those moments.

I learned -from Misty -to tell the difference between one thing and another.

So I would like to let you know that there could have been many times when your Roary DID visit but you may not have been consciously aware it was him at the time?

And if they have lived a generally decent life with us, they don't blame us -at all, for anything. Their love is quite strong where they are now. They see their life as a whole experience they needed to have, and we who loved them deeply, for the love and companionship we gave.

Another thing to think about is this....when they are there, they do not sit about all day on a cloud doing nothing. They are real living beings in that next world, and involve themselves in some kind of spiritual work, usually helping and befriending others, or working on learning new things. We learn, yes, even when we are there.

Also, some are good at some "contact" skills with this world, and others are not. That doesn't mean they don't love us. They will always be so happy to sense our love sent out to them. They do often "reply" with a feeling in the Heart, so watch out for that!

Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Jill,

I've researched paranormal activity and supernatural phenomena, physics and religious theology (of all faiths) for many decades. My library was very, very vast and contained rare hardback books that were quite old.

When my cat Marmalade (whom I had many mystical experiences with while he was alive) departed, I researched even further into occurrences surrounding pet "signs", including reading many articles, blogs, posts and comments to study first-hand accounts from all over the world, here on this pet grief forum and over on the Reddit pet grief forum. What I have been able to gather is "signs" from our pets can be very subtle and at other times they can be strong and even overwhelming. It has no connection to how much our pets loved / love us as some do not make contact again, the move-on to what awaits us. It can be very random and often staggered with days, weeks and even months between. And signs can be so subtle, most people do not see or recognize them.

Signs can include seeing a feather, or a butterfly, wild animals visiting or having encounters with us, pets can whisper into other animals ears and instruct them to do things to get our attention. At times it can be auditory (such as hearing a pet's footsteps or sounds they used to make, a jingle of their collar etc.), feeling their presences where they used to be, sensing their shadow, feeling them walking over or near us on a bed blanket or comforter, and yes being visited by them in our dreams. But there are no guarantees.

I do believe in the above being real phenomena as it does not appear as common when we lose a human being. The majority of time it seems to occur with pets. Yes, there are human ghosts and signs from them, but it appears scarcer with humans for some reason, than with our pets.

I also have theorized here on the forum, that human grief can possibly make a pet concerned and they will veer off or stay away so as to not hurt us. They were so used to making us smile and or laugh etc. I experienced that with my cat when I picked up his ashes. He was present very strongly and then vanished the sadder I became and the more I wept. But the energy I felt from his ashes almost lifted me off of my feet. And I had ZERO expectations of feeling anything. I was completely numb when I picked them up from the animal hospital and all of the sudden felt a warmth from them.

There are all kinds of other signs too. We just need to try and stay open to them. Coincidence, synchronicity, a feeling of Deja Vu etc. We live in an infinite Universe with unlimited possibilities. To me, my cat was otherworldly while he was alive. Why not be otherworldly now that he is gone? Anything truly is possible. I now believe that Heaven is another dimension. And at times our lost beloved can contact us and at times they can not for some reason. Perhaps it is like the weather, with changing patterns.

So just relax and see if you notice any signs. And have no expectations. Seeing signs or not seeing them does not reflect on how much your pet loved / loves you, or how much you loved / love them. It is obvious how much you loved your Stella and she no doubt loved you just as much.

Kind regards,
James
Quote 0 0
teenyweenybb
Memories of Marmalade: That’s such a wonderful post with such a loving feeling of the ways to contact past over ones. But love, emotional moments, fascinating experiences with our loving pet can make extra energy to contact them I really feel. You have so many loving ideas for contacting our past loves.
our love baby
Quote 0 0
Tapati
Hi Jill

I also am convinced that Stella is still with you in the form of Moon. You are really very lucky. Take good care of Moon and Stella will be very happy too!

And I fully agree with James that pets give us subtle signs. When my first pet cat passed away when she was just none months old....on many nights and early mornings...I felt her footsteps on my bed when I slept....just as she used to when she was alive and would sleep with me. I would wake up with a start ...but find no one.

Also just three days back my boy Nandu, my apartment society cat, whom I fed for the last 4 years, passed away due to severe injuries from a tom cat fight. He used to come to my front door every day to eat the food that I would keep for him and two other females. Yesterday night at around 10.30 pm, one of the females had eaten and gone...and the food was still left over. I closed the front wooden door.... thinking that I would pick up the left over food after a few more minutes.

My two cats were suddenly falling over each other to get to the front door... from our living room and were going on lowering their heads and peering down so that they could see through the gap under the front wooden door....as  they always do... when a cat comes outside to eat...they love seeing the outside cats come and eat...I thought that maybe one of the females has come again to eat....so I quietly opened the wooden door to see who has come.... there was no one and things were as they were...the food plate and water bowls etc....there was no cat....but I strongly felt a presence last night that Nandu was sitting at the door.... as he used to.... my cats also must have felt the presence.... as they were literally falling over each other to get closer.... so there are definitely subtle signs...you just need to recognise them....as James said.

Regards

Quote 0 0