Echo
It's one month that my sweet, healthy, vibrant little Echo lost his life from injuries from being rear ended by a semi. He was only 3 years old, way too young and healthy to be taken so tragically from me.

Everything I do reminds me of him and I'm always crying over his loss. I miss all the sweet little mannerisms, I miss his snuggles, I miss him jumping up into my lap, I miss hearing him bark at the birds, I miss giving him his food, I miss petting him. I feel so lost without him. The pain of losing him is alwahys there.

I still curse the semi driver who hit us and his lack of inattention killed my baby!
Quote 0 0
Dino_927
I am so sorry for the loss of your fur baby. 

Quote 0 0
CK1991
Echo, I remember reading your story and it doesn’t seem like it’s been a month already. I am so frustrated with that driver as well. Terrible losing your beloved pet because someone was being careless. Wishing you comforting memories and peace for your heart. Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 0 0
Echo
Thank You CK. It's hard enough to lose them to illness or old age,but when they're taken in the prime of their lives, it hurts even worse.
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Echo, it’s very true. 3 years old is so young! So very unfair!!
You’ve described so many sweet and precious memories. It might be a nice idea to write them all down.
I hope you post an update on how you’re doing. :)
CK
Quote 0 0
Echo
I have written about my baby boy and saved them in his baby book.
I still struggle to get through each day without him. I was just looking at the tv remote and his chew marks on it when we didn't put it in a safe place. I don't know if I will ever get over losing him.
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Echo, It’s good you’ve written down your memories and I know from experience that they will be a treasure to you in the years to come. Seeing his chew marks on the TV remote is a hard one! I imagine it makes you feel like he should be just around the corner and in point of fact I believe he is! Please keep posting. It’s so good to share your grief. Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 0 0
Echo
I have lost 4 fur babies over the years but this one is the hardest to accept. I lost my first Pomeranian to Addisons disease. He was only 9.5 and he had trachea and leg problems. So we adopted another little Pomeranian, this boy also trachea troubles and he developed epilepsy but that made me look out for him even more. He left me four years ago from skin cancer. He was almost 14 years old. We also had a miniature Eskimo who was with us for almost 13 years. He had lymphoma. Then my big St. Bernard left me just over a year ago, he was almost 11 years. So I've lost babies before but my Echo was my healthiest, liveliest little boy and for him to be taken from me at only 3 years old is hard to accept. He had so much life left to live and he so enjoyed life.

If only I had stayed home with him that day instead of going for a drive with my husband and our big dog. Echo had fussed more than usual when I took him to the car that day so I was holding him and trying to calm him down, then he was wriggling to go back with his big brother and he didn't fuss so much anymore so we got under way. When I think of it now, I think Echo was trying to tell me something and I couldn't understand what he was trying to tell me. Now I know he was telling me he shouldn't be going because something was going to happen to him. If only I had understood him!
Quote 0 0
Echo
It is still so hard to get through the days without my dear little Echo.
Quote 0 0
Broken1
Echo,
  i just put my Baby (his name) down he was a month shy of 14 yrs old and only 3lbs,he ate like he was a pit! He had an enlarged heart but the collapsed trachea was what killed him.I cant live with what i did.I feel like i betrayed his trust,he was probably thinking “daddy will help me,well go home” and i chose to kill him.i cant live with it.

w/b
jimmy
Ill never be the same...
Quote 0 0