animal_qwackers
Today is one calendar month since I had to make that gut-wrenching decision to say goodbye to my GSD star, Solomon (Solly). Tomorrow, it is 14 weeks since I made the same decision for my beloved fluff ball cat, Gonzo (Mr Mischief).

At times, the pain still cuts down to the soles of my feet with the deftness of a surgeon's blade. I still feel raw, inexorably alone, bereft, dying inside. My heart bleeds for the loss of two pets who brought such immeasurable joy to my life. My mischievous, gorgeous Gonzo, who came to me as a five-month-old stray and grew into the most adorable bundle of fluff. My precious, handsome big man, Solly, who I bought as a 13-week-old pup, and grew into an eight stone protector, confidante, companion and loyal, trusty friend. Both animals had their own character, charm, and personality. Both animals were individual and I miss each of them in different ways.

I have lit two candles for Solly today to signify one month since he passed: one under the rose bush in the garden, the other in the kitchen where he used to lay on his bed. I have cried endless tears, not just today, but every day, for both of them.

In amongst the tears, I remember the good times we shared together. Naturally, as Solly was my canine friend, I spent more time with him on long treks through the countryside. Those walks I remember with such affection, and tinges of sadness. How he loved to roam. With Gonzo, it is the moments he would sit on my lap or snuggle under the duvet with me every morning that bring small smiles mixed with heartache. What I wouldn't give for just one more day with them both.

IMG_0629.JPG  SOL.jpg  IMG-20130516-00518.jpg  IMG-20130516-00518.jpg  IMG-20130601-00540.jpg 

I love you both with all my heart, and one day we will be reunited never to be apart again. You gave me love and such joy. For that, I feel blessed and privileged. Bless you both, my beautiful friends. You will never be forgotten.

All my love, cuddles, and kisses, your heartbroken mummy, Wendy xxxxxx

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Missing You

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying, you found it hard to sleep.
I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
“It’s me, I haven’t left you, I’m well, I’m fine, I’m here.”

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,
You were thinking of the many times your hands reached down to me.
I was with you at the shops today, your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, you tend it with such care.
I want to reassure you, that I’m not lying there.
I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said “It’s me.”

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.
It’s possible for me to be so near you everyday.
To say to you with certainty, “I never went away.”

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew …
in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.
The day is over … I smile and watch you yawning
and say “Good-night, God bless, I’ll see you in the morning.”

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I’ll rush across to greet you and we’ll stand, side by side.
I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.
Be patient, live your journey out … then come home to be with me.

— Colleen Fitzsimmons

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Lend Me A Kitten

I will lend to you for a while a kitten, God said.
For you to love while he lives, and mourn when he’s dead.
Maybe for twelve or fourteen years, or maybe two or three.
But will you, ’till I call him back, take care of him for me?

He’ll bring his charms to gladden you and, should his stay be brief
you’ll always have his memories as solace for your grief.
I cannot promise he will stay, since all from earth return.
But there are lessons taught below I want this kitten to learn.

I’ve looked the whole world over in search of teachers true.
And from the folk that crowd’s life’s land I have chosen you.
Now will you give him all your love, nor think the labor vain?
Nor hate me when I come to take my kitten home again?

My heart replied, “My Lord, Thy Will Be Done”
For all the joys this kitten brings the risk of grief I’ll run.
We’ll shelter him with tenderness; we’ll love him while we may.
And for the happiness we’ve known, forever-grateful stay.

But should you call him back much sooner than we planned.
We’ll brave the bitter grief that comes, and try to understand.
If, by our love we’ve managed your wishes to achieve.
Then in memory of him, who we loved, please help us while we grieve.

When our cherished kitten departs this world of strife,
Please send yet another needing soul for us to love all his life.

— Unknown

Quote 0 0
jackson64
What beautiful words for your babies......the poems gave me comfort this morning. Thank you, and my thoughts are with you.
Tricia
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Many thanks for your sentiments, mrwvv. They are much appreciated. I am glad that the poems gave you comfort and I am truly sorry for your own loss. Your little man looks adorable. It is so devastating when our babies leave us but amongst the grief and our own suffering, we know and remember the joy and light they brought into our lives. We have the memories to hang on to and the fact that our pets souls are lights that will never be extinguished.

My thoughts are with you too. Take care.

W

Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
"Death ends a life, not a relationship."

(Jack Lemmon)

I love you, Solly boy. Your pedigree name, Safftash Sirius, was so apt. Sirius: the dog star, the brightest star in the night sky. You were, and always will be, the most dazzling star to me xxx

059.JPG 

Quote 0 0