Missubbyboy
It feels like it's been such a long while since you passed. But it's only been a month.

Some nights I'll hold up your collar and image you still here. How your neck curves and your somewhat short legs came through the front.

It helps to go through pictures of you. See you and remember the small obsurd noises you'd make what you wanted something. It's incredible how we created our own language so you could tell me what you needed and wanted.

After time, you didn't want anything except to be held. Though I can look at your pictures, I miss how you mold into my arms. How you'd put you paws on my knees and how I'd pick you up like a small child and your eyes would get big from the gravity shift as I brought you into my arms. I'm scared to forget how it felt to hug you and pet you.

Hugs and kisses sweet, baby boy ❤️
Quote 0 0
LisaAndy
He's adorable is it a bichon or a bichon poo? I'd love to get a dog that looks like him. What a sweetie, so sorry for your loss.
Quote 0 0
Missubbyboy
He's a Bichon! We were lucky to have such a sweet cutie. I will admit that he was quite a queen at times haha. Picky eater and loved to be carried. It was nice cause he had a lot of energy (bichon buzz sessions) but cooled down a lot when he got older.
Quote 0 0
LisaAndy
I  was looking to adopt an old bichon from a rescue group. But they are giving me the run-around. I think it might still be too soon at times, my poodle passed 2 months ago. I would like to get a similar breed, a small fluffy white dog, but maybe not another miniature poodle so I was looking at Bichons. They are really cute. I am so very sorry that he has gone over to the rainbow bridge. I can tell he was very much loved.
Quote 0 0
kpeterson
Hi, i just wanted to tell you how sorry I am about your boy. We were lucky to have a Bichon boy who we helped out of his misery a few weeks after his 17th birthday. He was my heart dog and I was his person. We also shared those special moments you described -- Spike loved to be picked up and cuddled as well. He would just lie on our kitchen table in the circle of my arms after breakfast, both of us enjoying that time. Until he was about 14, when we remodeled our bathroom, he would lie on the counter while I brushed teeth and washed my face, did my hair and makeup. I'd talk to him and he would look me right in the eyes and listen. Then we would go for a walk before I had to leave for work. Evenings he got on the couch with me but he'd huff at me if I had a book or needlework in my lap when he got up because that was HIS lap.

Anyway I can sympathize with your difficulty in losing your pup. It was the most difficult day in my life when we took him to the vet for his last and final visit. But he was miserable and not enjoying his life -- almost completely blind and suffering with Canine Cognitive Dysfunction so I was up with him for several hours every night as he paced anxiously and cried piteously.

So very sorry for your loss -- it's been about 15 months and I still cry looking at pictures of him and cuddling the stuffed animal Bichons I've bought. Or whenever I come here and read other's stories.

Hugs to you.

Kathy (Spike's mommy)
Spike' s Mom
Quote 0 0