elane
It's been 1 month today since saying goodbye to my Breaker boy. The tincture of time has yet to kick in and I still miss him so much it hurts. I've yet to bring myself to remove his beds and sometimes still look to them longing to see him asleep in one of them. It's normal I know... I hoped it would hurt less by now I suppose ...

Breaker was going on 14 and had become ill in January with a lung tumor. I thought I would lose him then but found a most excellent oncologist who started treating him with a chemotherapy that he responded famously to. He ralllied and enjoyed another 7 months of good quality life until mid July when he began developing pleural effusions and trouble breathing. A few more treatments and meds were tried but he began to look tired and would only eat if hand fed... a Veterinarian came to our home and he was put to sleep in his favorite bed.

Since his passing there is a empty space in my home and in my body ...the feeling is difficult to describe. He felt so completely gone from me. Several days after his passing he came to me in a dream. It was so real to me...he came walking out from the bedroom into the living room and with joy I said " oh, there you are!" And reached down to pick him up. When my hands touched him I awoke... both eyes flew open but my body and breathing and heart was quiet and calm. I felt peace .... I think he came to me to let me know he was not completely gone and he is still with me. The holes in my home and heart are still there but maybe a little smaller... Thank you for listening ❤️
Quote 0 0
elane
Breaker
Quote 0 0
Kronsky
Your Breaker is a beautiful boy who received lots of love and excellent care from you.
I can relate to your pain because I lost my Obie on Sept 9 and my home and heart also feel empty.
I am also receiving messages from Obie telling me he is still with us in some form.
Sending you hugs.
Quote 0 0
gizmomybaby
Hi elane sorry for your loss of your baby breaker . My baby gizmo passed 6 weeks tomorrow and am struggling, dont think al ever get over this , I will go on but my hart left the day my boy went . I think breaker coming to you in a dream is a wee sign hes still with you . I know my boys still with me but I just want to hold him kiss and cuddle him like I use to . I think am still in shock I had him for a week before his 11th birthday thinking of you sending hugs x Annemarie x
Quote 0 0