MandysMommy
Mandy was a 16 month old Border Collie. She died just a couple of days ago. I know it’s still so raw having it been less than a week. I’ve never lost a pet as an adult who I was so close to. Mandy came into our lives healthy and happy as can be. When my husband went to find a puppy she chose him 🙂 She was fine for a year, then she had her first seizure. We took her to the vet and they put her in 3 medications for seizures, plus a round of medication in case she had taxoplasmosis,, as I told the vet she was exposed to car feces. Well she was fine for awhile then the seizures started again.

The vet increased one of her meds but she didn’t make it.

M cm
Quote 0 0
MandysMommy
MandysMommy wrote:
Mandy was a 16 month old Border Collie. She died just a couple of days ago. I know it’s still so raw having it been less than a week. I’ve never lost a pet as an adult who I was so close to. Mandy came into our lives healthy and happy as can be. When my husband went to find a puppy she chose him 🙂 She was fine for a year, then she had her first seizure. We took her to the vet and they put her in 3 medications for seizures, plus a round of medication in case she had taxoplasmosis,, as I told the vet she was exposed to car feces. Well she was fine for awhile then the seizures started again.

The vet increased one of her meds but she didn’t make it.

M cm
Quote 0 0
MandysMommy
MandysMommy wrote:
Mandy was a 16 month old Border Collie. She died just a couple of days ago. I know it’s still so raw having it been less than a week. I’ve never lost a pet as an adult who I was so close to. Mandy came into our lives healthy and happy as can be. When my husband went to find a puppy she chose him 🙂 She was fine for a year, then she had her first seizure. We to
ok her to the vet and they put her in 3 medications for seizures, plus a round of medication in case she had mkmtaxoplasmosis,, as I told the vet she was expokmsed to car feces. Well she was fine for awhile then the seizures I started again.

The vet increased one of mmmoher meds but she didn’t make it.

M cm
kmokom
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
I’m so, so sorry, I know how much you’re hurting. It’s just the most painful loss. You have found a very supportive community of others going through the same grief. We’ll be here for you, cry with you, struggle with you. Please write as often as you wish, it’s helps to tell people how you feel. For many of us this is our “safe place” to talk about what our hearts feel. Be kind to you,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0