Olliexxx
Hi to everyone..im new on here and i cant stop crying over my boy Ollie..even while im writing this..😭
I'd had him for just over 5yrs and i can truly say he was my soulmate..my shadow..most loving cat ever..
I live on my own with one other cat..JayC..shes 11 and dosent really bother with anything..but i still love her..
Ollie had a heart murmur i was tld at one of hes yearly boosters he had..was tld to keep an eye on it which i did..up untill wed night just gone when he wasnt himself..no 'suckling' on my neck which was hes nightly routine or just not being himself..i kept watch on him all night and by 6.30am thurs i rushed him to emergency vets where they tld me hes lungs had filled up with fluid and by now hes heart was failing and struggling to breathe..i felt so helpless just watching him..the nurses asked me i had to make a decision right there if i should let him go so not for him to suffer anymore..i agreed..
I feel so sad and empty now..hes left a huge void in my home and my heart..
This was last photo i took of him 2wks ago..😭😻
Quote 0 0
anang
I'm so sorry for your loss. Your pain in raw and palpable and my heart goes out to you. 

This is a great place to receive and give support to other grieving pet owners.

Your Ollie is a beauty! She loved you and you gave her the most amazing life ever. 

From my experience (I recently lost my Ana Ng cat after 19 and a half years) everything will feel empty and confusing at first. You may cry a lot, which is "normal" and healthy, although obviously not fun.

Warm regards,

Katie
K. Unger
Quote 0 0
Olliexxx
Thankyou..
I just feel at lost..
Yeah he was a beauty i must say..
So sorry to hear bout your cat..and what a grand age!
My warmest regards to you

Amanda..x
Quote 0 0
anang
Amanda,

Things will get better, but right now you are experiencing deep grief. Allow yourself to feel the pain and sadness, surround yourself with people that are supportive of you, be kind and gentle to yourself, take a few days off from work if you need to, journal or write letters to Ollie, yourself, your friends, etc. Allow yourself to feel the grief, but try not to let it take over your life.

You can always reach out for support here, I found this site a Godsend when I first lost my baby Ana Ng.

Warm regards,

Katie
K. Unger
Quote 0 0
Olliexxx
Ive had other cats that have passed on and ive accepted that but me and ollie shared a loving bond..i havent slept in my bed for 2 nights as thats where we had our nightly routine of the 'suckling' on my neck and then snuggles..he was so special to me..
Im glad i found this forum..x
Quote 0 0
Olliexxx
Its been four days since my beautiful baby boy ollie left me..ive just woken up crying my eyes out as i miss you so much..ive been sleeping on my sofa for two nights as cant bear to be in my bed without you..i miss our nightly routine of snuggles..i miss kissing your warm soft fluffy belly..i slept with your favourite cushion that you used to 'knead' all the time when i wasnt available..
I even miss you when i go to the bathroom as you kept meowing at me to turn the bathroom sink tap on..even though there was a fresh bowl of water under the sink!
You were my soulmate..my shadow..but now have a empty and quiet house..i love you soo much ollie..
😭😻
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Amanda,

I was saddened to read of your loss of your beloved boy "Ollie." Like you I lost my spirit animal. His name was Marmalade. He was an orange tabby cat whom I met 850 miles away in the high desert of New Mexico. He was the only one who completely stood by me when my entire world was collapsing in 2016-2017 and I ended up broke, homeless, left for dead and almost died from pneumonia etc. We were on the road together living in a string of motels for 3 1/2 months.

My Marmalade was my best friend, brother, son, comrade in arms, the love of my life and the light in my life. He saved me from commiting suicide many times. He taught me so many lessons, including how to truly live in the moment and how to always be grateful. Even when we were both very ill and had nothing to eat, he would be content. 

Again, I am so sorry for your loss, but I am glad that your and Ollie's paths crossed when they did and that together you shared such a unique and strong bond and had many memorable moments together.

Kind regards and my sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 0 0
Olliexxx
Hi james..
Thankyou for your lovely message..
Ive read yours and Marmalades stories and it was amazing to read..you really need to make it into a book! How you both needed and relied on each other is the strongest bond ive ever heard of and im sooo sorry of what you went through..im so glad you had each other..💙💙
Its been 6wks this thursday that i had to say goodbye to love of my life..and for 4wks i had stopped 'living' if know what i mean? My friends were worried bout me and i didnt know what to do until 1 day Oscar showed up! I wasnt planning on getting another kitten but i saw pik of him (i'd always wanted a ginger cat) and i tld my friend if nobody had claimed him by end of day then its fate i should have him..lo and behold he was last of the litter to go and no one wanted him..so i had him..and having him he has started to heal my broken heart..i miss Ollie everyday and still cry over him..but Oscar has helped me loads..i felt guilty first few days but i got so much to give him..he will never replace Ollie but hes put a light back on in my heart..💙
Stay strong james..
Hugs xx
Couple piks of Oscar..💙
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Oh my goodness Amanda, Oscar is GORGEOUS!! Thank you for sharing those photos. What a little heartbreaker! Orange Tabby cats are wonderful! I am so glad you have opened your heart and home to one who really needed one. It is very admirable.

Thank you for your kind words and for reading some about my Marmalade and my adventures. In some of my past posts, you may have read that I also adopted a kitten (around 3 months ago / 2 months after Marmalade passed.) He was a feral / stray kitten who lost both of his parents ("Blackie" and "Mom-Cat") and his best cat friend "Cherry" to local coyote attacks. The kitten had been bit on the scruff of his neck and rear left hind quarters during the attacks. He would cry out to me whenever I would walk by the abandoned house he was living to the side of and I began to feed him. I felt he should not be abandoned to suffer. He was all alone in the World as I was and he needed a friend and love. So I took him in.

He is a black and white Tuxedo cat and has a little black mustache. I named him "KID" after the orphan character in the Charlie Chaplin classic silent film "The Kid". He has really brought a lot of love and happiness at times back into my life. I will find myself sad and depressed and look to my side and he will be there giving me these looks that just make me smile and laugh. He is magical.

Kind regards,
James
Quote 0 0
Olliexxx
Oh that is wonderful bout Kid..he has found the best 'daddy' to adopt him..he knew you were the one! 😊
Yes i too get sad and down and i look down beside me and Oscar's big blue eyes look up to me as if to say 'im here for you'..whilst carrying on chewing on whatever he has manage to get in hes mouth! 😂
I have another cat JayC and shes 9yrs old but very much keeps herself to herself..she is a great cat and has taken on Oscar very well..but she not a very loving cat..her terms only! Hahaha!
Here is a pik of them both..
Hugs to you and Kid. X
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Awww. JayC is a beauty. And looks like an elegant, regal (but possibly a little snooty upper-class) kitty. Lol. Ha, it looks like Oscar is a little pensive about being above JayC in that photo! Thank you for sharing. 

Yes, I was spoiled by my Marmalade when it comes to affection. He was more like a dog that a cat in some ways. He would go outside with me and walk with me. A neighbor commented on how they were jealous and wish their cat would go for walks with them like Marmalade. He was always right there. He made me feel more welcome where we lived. He was my family. He always made me feel loved, cherished, loved and adored. And appreciated and respected me. And trusted me fully. 

Yes, KID is something else. Originally I only intended on fostering him. Working with him, training him and getting him used to being around people, but he won by heart over completely. Here is this little, tiny, injured kitten, who loves to play and be loved and love in return. I saw him playing one day while he was on the street and he didn't know I was watching. Running back and forth and climbing a tree etc. Completely alone and vulnerable but trying to have fun and enjoy himself.

If I am busy on my computer KID will carry his toys (including those attached to wands) over to my chair. I will look down and their will be a stack of toys displayed. And at other times he is always working on something in the other room. I will hear what sounds like him building something, a small airplane perhaps? I don't know. I hear what appears to be like small hammers, and sawing etc. and when I go into his room, he will stop and look at me innocently as if to say "What?"

They are all so characters, these wonderful, enchanting, otherworldly, mystical creatures. We humans are so blessed to have any of them in our lives, even for 1 hour.

James
Quote 0 0
Olliexxx
You are absolutely right bout JayC..she is very snooty but elegant! 😂 but she is a great cat..
Its been 6wks today that i lost my Ollie..i always light a candle for him evry thursday..even to this day i cant believe hes gone..i'd only took him to the vets 3 days previous for hes booster jabs! Its unthinkable really..😞
Kid sounds like a fun cat..cant wait til Oscars real personality comes out..at the moment hes just playin with everything and annoying JayC! 😄
He'l be going to the vets soon for checkup and jabs..hes a diamond..😻
Take care james..
Quote 0 0