OliversMommy
Well it has been 83 days since my beautiful boy left this earth and still not a day goes by that I don't think about him. My heart is still sad but this story is actually a happy one.  My boyfriend and I were wrestling with the idea of getting another dog or puppy about a month after Oliver passed but we weren't sure if we were going to rescue,definitely leaning toward this but no definite plans when we would. We really were in the just starting to "go there" stage since everyone had been telling us it was too soon and we definitely shouldn't get another weimaraner which I didn't think at that time I could anyways. Our neighbor had a couple of weimaraners that I enjoyed looking at and it made me get butterflies in my stomach every time I passed their house.  What I didn't know was that their mama weim gave birth to a litter of puppies the exact same day Oliver died.  What are the chances of this?  What are the chances of baby weims being born the day mine passed?  I feel in my heart Oliver sent me this little guy we now call Jed.   I don't have Oliver here but my home doesn't seem as empty anymore. In fact, this little guy is crazy and does remind me so much Oliver.  I'm not trying to replace Oliver but I feel so strongly that this was an opportunity I could not pass up.  I'm finally starting to smile again and let myself feel happy and it feels good.  So, to all of you who are debating getting another baby even if it's soon, you are the only person who can decide that.  Thanks for listening.

Oliver and Jed's Mommy

Quote 0 0
tikibarb
I am so happy for you.  I too adopted another baby, a poodle like my beloved Ted.  He is nothing like Ted but has some of the same mannerisms which I totally enjoy.  It is bittersweet when he cocks his head and has a puzzled look kind of like Ted used to or does something else that reminds me of Ted.  But he is his own boy and I love that too.  Even though I have two other dogs, the quiet after losing Ted was deafening.  I love having a puppy in the house.  It really helps me keep my mind from wandering to far into the sadness.  I wish you the best with your new baby.
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
donnalee

Wow--I think I would have had to take that as "meant to be" too!  Isn't that just amazing how it worked out.... I love to read these happy stories.  I'm very happy for you.  As you say, one doesn't take the place of another but a nothing fills the home with laughter AND busyness (is that a word?) like a new little furbaby.  Thank you SO MUCH for letting us know the good news! 

Quote 0 0
judylinn

thats great Oliversmommy. I am very happy for you. Judy :)

Quote 0 0