animal_qwackers
I penned another poem today. It's a take on Oh! England, my Lionheart, by Kate Bush. I've changed the words in tribute to Solly (no copyright intended). I am going to do the same for Gonzo too when I find suitable lyrics. These lyrics do suit my Solly, as he truly is my lionheart. 

Oh! Solly, my lionheart,

Not in my world now, which has fallen apart.

Your pulse that weakened, the battle over,

No more would you run in grass and clover,

A shattered heart, couldn’t hold the tears in,

And keep your mummy from crumbling.

Oh! Solly, my lionheart,

An amazing GSD who stole me from the start.

Enriching my life, your love had no end,

The ultimate canine, a loyal, devoted friend.

Yes, I was blessed, to come to know you, boy,

To have my days filled with boundless joy.

Oh! Solly, my lionheart,

Oh! Solly, my lionheart,

Oh! Solly, my lionheart,

Did you have to go?

Oh! Solly, my lionheart,

Emptiness surrounds me since you and I did part.

Give me one day of barks and whining,

Give me one chance to see those brown eyes shining,

Boy, to walk with you o’er field and tor,

Cherished togetherness, my soul yearns for.

Oh! Solly, my lionheart,

Oh! Solly, my lionheart,

Oh! Solly, my lionheart,

Did you have to go?

567.jpg 
OH! SOLLY, MY LIONHEART. I ADORE YOU, BIG FELLA.

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
loft2111
beautiful words for a beautiful Solly.  Thinking of you.
Quote 0 0
jaschutz
These words have such tremendous meaning for anyone missing their babies. Solly is beautiful.
Jamie

You can visit London's memorial at:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/LONDO001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
So lovely and from the heart
Lovely photo of Solly too!

Thanks for sharing
Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Brought tears to my eyes.  Thank you for sharing that.  I always enjoy your poems.
Hugs to you and Solly from me and Dali  .   LOVED THE PICTURE

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Wendy, I know how much you miss that beautiful boy Solly!!! I love the poem in his memory!!
I haven't been much of a writer for years, I was good at it while in school, yet Coco's loss has motivated me to write more, and even create some poems. It is such a great way to express the way we feel. I am sure that you would agree. I strongly feel the need to honor the memory and life of Coco as you do about Solly, Gonzo and Daisy. I have gotten some wonderful ideas from you, so thanks for that!!!
Solly was a beauty!!! I love the way his legs always seem to turn a little bit outward when he is standing. Its kind of unique in a way. I have been wanting to mention that to you for a while. Its really cute to me!................hugs from me and sweet Coco to you and Lionheart  Solly.........Sincerely, Andrea
I also left a message on my post for you as well.
Quote 0 0
Leahbeahis
Wendy,

Yet another beautiful poem, yet another wave of tears. I love the way you honor your Solly, Gonzo, and Daisy. I love the part about his eyes. Adog's eyes can tell you everything; they're so deep. Solly is a handsome guy. I'm sorry he isn't here with you in physical form any longer.
~ Leah
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Beautiful boy, 'Lionheart' Solly.
Your poem for him is so touching. A lovely tribute to his character and Soul.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their wonderful comments on my tribute post to my beloved Solly Dog.

I sincerely appreciate all the feedback you have all given, it means a great deal to me and I know my Solly is wagging his beautiful bushy tail in appreciation too. He always was, and I believe still is, a big show off! But, he has reason to be, as he is so beautiful, such a wondrous boy.

Andrea, I will have a look at your message on your own post. Thanks for that.

Once again, a million thanks to you all. I am extremely grateful that you have all taken the time to add your comments whilst going through your own grief. They are more than welcome.

Hugs to you all and your beloved furbabies from me and mine.

Wendy

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
Wendy
Thinking of you on this day marking Sollys passing

I hope you are doing okay, I know how much he is loved and missed
Warmest of wishes,
Diana
Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Many thanks, Diana. The day is difficult, one of those terrible anniversaries. My darling Solly is definitely loved and missed, more than words can say.

Your thoughts of me are most welcome.

Warm wishes to you and Bee too. 

Wendy

Quote 0 0