Kronsky Show full post »
Kronsky
Today is the first anniversary of Obie’s death. I knew his health was rapidly declining but I never thought he would die so suddenly. I am not feeling the all encompassing grief I felt immediately after he died but I think about him every day and get teary looking at his photos. My rescue boy Finnegan gives me someone to love and nurture and ai have caught myself calling him Obie or one of the nicknames I used for him.
i will lifht a candle in his memory and say a prayer over his burial place later today. My feeling of loss and sadness is mixed with feeling blessed to have had an animal soulmate in my life for 16 years.
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Hi, Kronsky! What a beautiful picture of your Obie! To just look at him I know how lucky you were to have had him in your life. May today be one of peace and reflection, and feeling his love all around you. I just know Obie guided little Finnegan to you to bring you comfort, just as I believe Raven guided Curtis, my rescue bunny, into my heart and home. He's not a cat, but he definitely has kept me busy and helped me with the worst of the pain. Our babies taught us to love, but what's the good of learning something if you never use it? It seems Obie wanted you to give your love to another little one in need, and that's such a beautiful thing to do!
Blessings and peace to you today, and when you light his candle, know that you gave Obie all of your best, and feel his love.
Love from Marie and the crew 🐱❤
Quote 0 0
Kronsky
Marie, Thank you for your words of wisdom and comfort. Obie was a very special boy and became more loving and affectionate the older he became. I have loved other cats but not with the intensity I felt for Obie. He represented everything positive in my life.

Finny is a wonderful cat and many of his actions remind me of Obie. Whereas Obie was small and graceful, Finny is big and not so graceful. What he is is very loving and conveys how appreciative he is to have a safe home and family.

I wish I could add a photo of Finny because he is such a gorgeous boy but I keep getting an error message that the photos exceeds the 320KB size.

You can email or send me a PM if you are interested.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Kronsky, you were indeed blessed to have had your baby for an amazing 16 years. The bond you share with him is unbreakable. It's wonderful you have Finny you can now give your love to. After my Max and Bailey died I adopted a shelter dog, Toby. I catch myself calling him Bailey sometimes but I guess it's just habit. The love they give us is like no other and definitely make our lives so much better. I also have a kitty, Luna, whom we found in our yard on super bowl Sunday 2017. 

Your Obie will be happy that you are lighting a candle in his honor today and he knows that his memory still lives on and burns bright.
Quote 0 0
Marie123
You're so welcome, Kronsky. I understand the special bond we share with certain animals very well. Raven wasn't just a cat, she was THE cat, and now little Roswell is. I'd always had a special bond with Roswell too, but with Raven gone it's become stronger than ever. And now my rabbit, dear, wonderful Curtis, is in my life after being abandoned. I've always loved bunnies but he's really shown me what they're all about. I'm so glad that your Finnigan has brought you such joy and comfort. He's certainly a lucky boy to have found his way to you! I'd love to see a picture of him if you can get this wonderful technology to behave lol! It never does when you really want it too.
I'll definitely be in touch. May Obie's love wrap around you and Finney and hold you both together for many years to come ❤😸
Quote 0 0
Skeeter609
I'm so sorry. He had a wonderful, long life with you. Now he is whole and healthy at the Rainbow Bridge. Obie is watching over you each day and sending his love and comfort.
Quote 0 0
Kronsky
Here’s a recent photo of a Finny. His body had been shaved when he arrived because his fur was matted and there were nasty things growing in it.
I think he’s really beautiful and fills a part of the void left with Obie’s passing.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Beautiful little boy!!❤️😻 They sure do help us along this lonely path of grief. I’m so happy that you found him (or he found you!).
Quote 0 0