nowshesgone

Now she's gone, and although I've been through it before...I fluctuate between crying uncontrollably and then going to check on her in another room.  Pain, disbelief, denial......

She almost made it to her 16th birthday.  She was my little "Timex" dog.  Just kept on going...until today. ''

I miss her.  I want her back. I want her to have peace.  I want the hurt to ease. 

Peace to all who are going through this. 

Rest in peace, my sweet Maggie May...I've loved you for a long time and that will never end!

maggiesmom1950
Quote 0 0
AliceM
Maggiesmom, I am so sorry for your loss of Maggie May.  It is so hard to deal with the loss of our babies and I know how great the pain of that loss is.  I am a little over 5 weeks into the loss of my Cali and there are still times I expect to wake up from this nightmare and find that she is still with me. My emotions have run the gamut from devastation, to guilt, grief, anger..you name it.  I don't think the pain of the loss ever completely goes away, but the sharpness of that pain does gradually smooth out.  I still shed tears at least once a day..usually at night because they seem so much harder than the days.  I don't think I would have survived the first week without this forum.  People here know what you are going through and they offer such wonderful support that is sometimes so hard to find from the people who surround you.  Take good care of yourself and take comfort in knowing that Maggie May knows how much you love and miss her.
Alice
Quote 0 0
jonancy
Your post made me cry..I am so sorry for your loss.

Take care,

Jonancy...Scooters mama
Quote 0 0
Nadjabs
I'm really sorry you are going through this.
It's been only 2.5 weeks for me and I hate feeling despair and disbelief of what had happened.  My Franklin had lymphoma and we put him to rest before he started getting sicker.  Things happened so fast and so unexpectedly (he was only 9) that sometimes I hold his urn and can't believe he is in there.  

I wish I knew what to tell you that will help you feel better but I don't.  This whole situation simply sucks.  One thing that I do is cry when I have to.  Don't feel like you have to put a happy face to the world.  Don't ignore your feelings, everything you will are feeling and will feel is normal.  
I hope you are able to feel loved and that your sweet angel is watching over you. 

Quote 0 0
helenbutcher
Our precious Molly had to be put to sleep 2 days ago.  We would have had her 16 yrs in 2 more weeks.   I keep looking where she always slept lately and listening for her and I feel empty.
Helen Butcher
Quote 0 0