Forum

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
Gucci

Reply with quote  #31 
Louetta - I'm so sorry you weren't able to confirm for yourself that it was indeed your precious Tomas, rather than having to hear it from someone else. That is yet another version of heartache, and I can understand how distressing that is.

My brother lost his cat several years ago, and despite a long search, we never found dear Toby. The uncertainty, the never knowing for sure, is a terrible stress, and something the mind must come to terms with in some way.

I know it's also so hard to watch Ruby searching for Tomas. We can't know exactly how the companion cats feel, but there's no doubt that they're making the adjustment as well, and we feel for them, too.

Here's a link that you may find helpful for that initial harrowing period of loss:

https://www.refugeingrief.com/2013/11/18/rules-at-impact-how-to-survive-early-grief/

Your deep grief can only be respected, as it has no timeline and works its way through us in different ways.

Thinking of you, and wishing you moments of peace and tranquillity.
Lfc7118

Reply with quote  #32 
Gucci,
Hope you and Moses are doing well. Even though Tomas stays on my mind all day every day I did manage to make it without crying the past couple of days. I still have to get myself ready for the holidays so I am hoping I can pull myself together and get it done this weekend. I have been trying to make sure Ruby knows just how much I love her by playing with her every time I get the chance. I am hoping as the days go by the pain will get less and less. I still miss him so much. It still doesn't seem real that I will never see his beautiful face again. Thank you again for helping me through this.
Louetta
Gucci

Reply with quote  #33 
Hi Louetta - Yes, the holiday season has begun, and along with it, the ever-present awareness that it'll be our first Christmas without our beloved companions.

I always streamline this time of the year anyway, and this Christmas will be all about what I need to do to keep myself grounded­. I spend a lot of time talking to Mo and giving him attention. He has yet to use Sammi's favourite green cat tree since we lost him.

Mo used to use it regularly, although he would cede the spot if Sammi decided he wanted it. It's still painful to see that empty basket and realise I'll never again see him sprawled out there, sound asleep, where I could give him a kiss every time I passed him.

Here are a couple of links you might find helpful (I'll also post in my resource section).

Hope today's a reasonable one for you...warm thoughts your way.

https://www.refugeingrief.com/2018/12/14/ways-to-survive-the-holiday-season-when-youre-grieving/

https://www.refugeingrief.com/2018/11/16/those-terrible-holidays/

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.