sfire8
Our sweet puppy disappeared on 3/28 and not knowing what happened to her is unbearable.  It was the first week of quarantine and our son woke up before us and let the dog out (we think), so when we woke up, she was nowhere to be found.   There are several other scenarios and "what if's" we've played in our heads over and over.  After searching everywhere, online, every local lost and found group, every shelter, hundreds of signs, rewards, etc...we believe she may have been taken (silently) by a coyote or mountain lion.  We live in a rural area and there is more wildlife out because of less cars.   It's just the not knowing that is horrible.  I cry every day and almost wish there was a body so at least we might have some closure.  I think our kids think she might come back, which is not going to happen.  I get so frustrated when people tell me stories about how dogs miraculously came back after months or even years.  It just isn't helpful.   I just don't know how to deal with this loss.  I have run different scenarios in my head over and over, that she is getting torn apart by coyotes, wandering in the mountains starving to death, or being abused by another family. I also feel extreme guilt for not protecting her enough.  If only we had woken up sooner, if only our son hadn't let her out, if only...  I just don't know how I will ever get over this.
Quote 0 0
LauriP92
Wow this is a terrible story and I am so very sorry. You probably will never find out the answer. You have to just realize that you loved your baby and what happened was out of your control. We all feel guilt even when our pet dies of natural causes-the what if's break our hearts. What if I took him to the vet earlier? What if I fed him different food? Etc etc. I pray that you are gentle and kind to yourself-you did nothing wrong. 
Lauri 
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
I know exactly how you feel. We moved about 20 miles from where we used to live. Our cat, Jillian, after having her at our new house for only a month, got out and after looking for her, checking the shelters and posting lost notices we still haven't found her. That was back in September of last year. We live where there are coyotes too. I had her since she was a kitten and she was seven when she disappeared. I hope nothing bad happened to her but I fear that's not the case. I wish I could turn back time so that hadn't happened. So sorry you have to go through this too. 😢 IMG_20190925_091834~3.jpg 
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0