MMC
I put my beautiful little chihuahua to sleep yesterday and im feeling that she wasn’t given enough time to recover. We went to an after hours hospital that closed at 8 am. and had to decide to end her life before closing. Is this a common practice.
Quote 0 0
Sampson
It might be helpful if you call and ask if you can schedule an appointment with whoever was working and go over their findings so that you can have the peace of mind that come with knowing you made the right decision. I wouldn't wait however since they are probably very busy and you'll want to talk to them while it may be fresh in their minds. If you offer to pay for an appointment if necessary but explain you just felt rushed as they were closing and would like to go over their findings to be sure you made the right decision. Tell them it most likely was but you're feeling guilt because it was such an important deck to have to make quickly. I would be sure to ask if you can meet with the vet who attended your pet. Good luck!
My deepest condolences on your loss,
Sam
Quote 0 0
MMC
but im afraid to ask them because if they say I could have given her another day she might have improved.that information would absolutely drive me over the edge. Thank you Sam for your reply.
Quote 0 0
Roxiesmom
I’m sorry for your loss...
Quote 0 0
catiebee
I am so, so sorry for your loss. And that it is complicated by such a hard question. I don't have the answer, but I can understand it being a terrible question mark. Hugs to you!
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
I am so sorry for your terrible loss.
Quote 0 0
MMC
Thank you Roxiesmom 🌹
Quote 0 0
MMC
I appreciate your thoughts MAIcindor 🌹
Quote 0 0
MMC
I know that its part of grieving but it’s something i guess I will never get over. Thank you for kind words. 🌹
Quote 0 0
Sampson
Sorry that I just read now your reply. I was out of town for a few days. I honestly feel the emergency vets will provide you with evidence of why the best choice was euthanization. I can't even begin to imagine that they would have allowed her to be pts because the practice was closing at 8PM. If you are able to obtain more information I believe it will help you. It would be most unfortunate for you to go on this way blaming yourself. Again I would ask to speak with the vet who attended your pet. All the best,
Sam
Quote 0 0
MMC
Thank you Samson, the emergency Dr. did send copies of the tests the did and it did prove my Molly was not going to recover from this. Thank you for your time and kind words.
Quote 0 0
Sampson
I'm happy to hear that my dear. Your loss is still very painful and hard to bear but at least you know now that you did the right thing for your beautiful little one. Wishing you peace,
Sam
Quote 0 0
Sil
MMC,

I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved Chihuahua.  I am sorry, that you needed to make that "dreaded decision".  Hugs
Quote 0 0
tazmoe
Sorry for your loss.

As my vet put it: They are here to save your animals and will do everything they can to do so. Euthanasia is a last resort, and only to put a beloved pet out of their pain and misery.

When he told me this I knew I was doing the right thing.
Quote 0 0