Forum

Author   Comment  
Catmom4lyfe

Reply with quote  #1 
I lost my cat Midge yesterday. She was 12 1/2. She’d stopped eating for a couple weeks, lost 1.5 lbs in 3 months. She had lost weight prior to that at well. I suspect she had cancer for some time and we just didn’t know it. I brought her in for lethargy and no appetite. They ran blood work and urine. Gave her an antibiotic and an appetite stimulant. She still wouldn’t eat. She wouldn’t move. She drank SO much water but she was still dehydrated. I could have put her through surgery but decide against it. It seemed like a lot to put her through considering her condition. She just seemed so sad. I chose to put her down and it’s the absolute hardest thing I’ve ever had to do in my entire life. I feel so much guilt. I feel like I didn’t protect her. I miss her so much. I love her so much. She was my youngest cat but she was the first to go. I’ve had her since she was 3 weeks old. I bottle fed her. I don’t know how I’m ever going to get over this loss.

Should I have done more? Should I have waited until she was really bad? These are the questions I keep asking myself. They’re keeping me up at night.
BoxerMomForever

Reply with quote  #2 
I’m very sorry about Midge. Hugs to you, I know how you feel. But please don’t second guess yourself. You were a great pet parent. I often wonder if I waited too long with my dog. We knew she had cancer but towards the end, was she suffering, she got worse and lost so much weight, it was heartbreaking to see. Made that dreaded decision. I just didn’t want to let her go. 11 weeks now and I still cry daily for her, ughhh it’s horrible.
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.