peke_bb
It's exactly 4 months since my pekingese BB left me. The pain is slightly bearable. I think about him 24/7. I have good and bad days. Today was just not a good day. I was going through his toys to see which ones to keep. What did I find that hurts a lot? My dog hides his treats all over the house. I found one of his treats that he had hidden in his toy basket. Ugh. Reality hit hard AGAIN that he won't ever be back to get his treat. It's such a helpless and frustrating feeling. I can't function today and have so much work to do tonight. Guess I will just pray and push really hard through this. Thank you everyone for reading. Praying and thinking about everyone who is hurting.
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
I understand how you feel...I was doing my bedroom out this morning and my Monty was a Maine Coon who I lost nearly two months ago...I found his hair that had been caught on the inside of my bed which he loved to lie under...just pulled at my heart strings.

Ellen x
Ellen Hague
Quote 1 0
P_Mom
I like to think when we find those special little reminders of our babies, that it is a message from them they are near and with us.  It's a gift from them. ❤❤
Jennifer
Quote 1 0
Mdmoore
It has been 4 months since my baby girl passed and I also have good days and bad days.  Like you, I struggle when I find her toys and it reminds me of her so I put them in a special place away to where I can’t see them, I guess I’m not ready for that yet.  I even tried to put her picture on my profile and couldn’t do it.  For me personally it helped to stay busy and try to keep my mind preoccupied on a task.  If you have a lot of work to do, maybe start and see if it helps. We are all going through this together and I’m learning as I go. 
M Moore
Quote 1 0
peke_bb
roseblue1 wrote:
I understand how you feel...I was doing my bedroom out this morning and my Monty was a Maine Coon who I lost nearly two months ago...I found his hair that had been caught on the inside of my bed which he loved to lie under...just pulled at my heart strings.

Ellen x

Hi Ellen, thank you so much for the response. It means a lot. I'm very sorry about your Monty. We have so many memories of our pets every where, not just at home, but out and about. My dog roamed our house freely, so he left memories everywhere. Hard to look anywhere without imagining seeing him there. Hugs and prayers to you. Thanks again.
Quote 0 0
peke_bb
P_Mom wrote:
I like to think when we find those special little reminders of our babies, that it is a message from them they are near and with us.  It's a gift from them. ❤❤

Hi Jennifer, thanks a lot for the response. It means a lot. That's a great way to look at it. I have the treat in front of me right now. I'm not hurting as much today. Thanks for the treat BB. Miss you so much little guy. Hugs and prayers to you Jennifer.
Quote 0 0
peke_bb
Mdmoore wrote:
It has been 4 months since my baby girl passed and I also have good days and bad days.  Like you, I struggle when I find her toys and it reminds me of her so I put them in a special place away to where I can’t see them, I guess I’m not ready for that yet.  I even tried to put her picture on my profile and couldn’t do it.  For me personally it helped to stay busy and try to keep my mind preoccupied on a task.  If you have a lot of work to do, maybe start and see if it helps. We are all going through this together and I’m learning as I go. 

Hi M Moore, sorry about your girl. Thank you so much for the response and for the advice. It truly means a lot. It does help while I'm working, even to the point that I forget the pain and emptiness. Once it all stops and the house is silent, the emptiness starts creeping back and I start thinking about him again. I'm always imagining how life was when he was here. I yearn for him and just want him back. I've been good today. It's always nice and helpful to have someone to talk to who understands. Thanks again for your help. Hugs and prayers for you. 
Quote 0 0