Guinivere Show full post »
Katel
Guinivere, 

I live in Australia and there's a big time difference between us so I've only just come to the forum and seen your post on the loss of your precious Bubba or I would have responded sooner.  We all understand here, and we are all going through devastating heartache so you are not alone, dont think that for one moment. When one is in pain we all share it.

Even though we weep for our own gone ones we weep for the others who are gone too and for me,    I feel that in some way I have known  them. I'm sorry your family don't understand, that is
very hard as grief is such a lonely thing.  In the past two years I have had to pts 3 dearly beloved fur babies and now my beloved Danny dog is terminal.   I have no family, and   friends have let me down in the past when I needed comfort so I know a lot  about loneliness.  I rely on this forum to give me comfort and there are some wonderful people here. 

Please come back and if you feel like it show us a photo of your beautiful Bubba.  One thing is for sure you were the most wonderful mum to him.

Thinking of you,
Blessings
Kate 

Quote 0 0
Guinivere
Thank you everyone! Reading all your replies helped me realize that I'm not completely alone.Others have gone through or are going through the same thing.This is so hard and I have no strength left.I really feel as if I'm dying.Kind of like a zombie,I'm walking around and trying to function but there's no life inside of me.I want all of you to know that I'm so sorry for your losses as well.The stories that you all wrote about your pets,touched me so deeply.I don't even like using the term"Pets"because they were so much more than that.They were and always will be "Family".
Jb
Quote 0 0
OscarsMomma
I agree, Guinivere. I've been telling people I've had a death in the family and not giving details about it. If only I could take bereavement for Oscar. I'm pretty useless right now on thinking work. Thank goodness I have events to execute.
Oscar was but 9. I had not even 4 full years with him. He loved me so much. And I loved him. He is sorely missed.
Quote 0 0
Ksmont
I lost my cat of 17 years and am trying to deal with the raw emotions as well.
Quote 0 0
Guinivere
I've also been telling people that there was a death in the family and offer no other details.I know others don't understand why I can't just "Snap out of it".If I could,don't you think I would?People sometimes.......But again,I feel for all of you and your losses as well.And Oscar's Momma,I would love to talk with you privately.
Jb
Quote 0 0
Whirled_Travel

Guinivere, I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Buddy!  I'm glad people have responded.  I just joined the forums, but I've been on the chat room, and everyone there has been really supportive.  It's slow during the day, but it picks up around 8:30 PM EST, if you'd like to join in sometime.

<<<You said, "I know others don't understand why I can't just "Snap out of it".  If I could, don't you think I would?">>>

I completely understand this.  I have a few friends who understand, but most of them don't.  For whatever reason, with the recent loss of my beloved horse (Bailey was with me almost 26 years), some of my friends have been downright cruel.  I can't understand why.  I don't even want to repeat some of the comments I've heard, but they've been surprising and hurtful.  All people need to know is that you're grieving and in pain - they don't have to totally understand "why" in order to be supportive and kind.  I, too, have told people that I've had a death in the family.  It's just easier that way.

No one can tell you how to grieve, or for how long, or how you should feel.  Whatever you feel is ok, and we truly understand.

Blessings and peace to you,

WT

Quote 0 0