Dnm
Today my 2 year old rat died in my hands after having a tumor removed on Monday. She was my baby, I played with her everyday and she loved everyone she met. I feel like a piece of myself died with her. I have so much guilt because I wish I had more time to try and help her, every time I think about her I can only see her little face begging me for help. I'm glad she didn't go alone but I wish she didn't have to go at all..
Quote 0 0
Dom
I'm sorry for your loss.  What was your rat's name?  

Feeling guilt is totally normal.  What did I do wrong, what didn't I do to save my loved one?  Cancer sucks.  It sucks so bad.  I lost the best dog I ever had, or will ever have, to lymphoma.  He was diagnosed and a month later he was gone despite our fighting it.  I've asked myself a thousand times, could have I caught it earlier?  Could I have given more chemo?  Did the vet do her job right?  These are all normal thoughts.  The hard truth is it wasn't your fault, it was the tumor's fault. 

Again, I'm sorry for your loss.  It helped me to have my dog's ashes back, and set up a little memorial for him

Quote 0 0
Dnm
Her name was Nilla.
Thank you, I know I did everything that I could for her. It is comforting to think that she's not suffering anymore.
My family helped pay for cremation, I'm greatful we didn't have to do the "mass cremation" my bet offered.
Quote 0 0
deereay33
I read kim sheridan animals in afterlife. Her pet rats feature in a big way. I got some comfort from this book. 
Dee
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
So sorry for Nilla`s loss. We all feel guilt when our beloved pets pass. Nilla died while you were holding her, she will have known you were there for her at the end.  The sad fact is however long we get to have with our animals is never long enough for us, and the grief is absolutely awful. 
                         Take care, Jackie. x
J Taylor
Quote 0 0