kathic
It has been exactly 2 months today that my precious Newby suddenly left me.  I am still so heartbroken.  I miss him so very much.  I thought I would be better by now but it still seems like it just happened all over again.  I try to stay busy but my mind always wanders to him.  He was my world.  Five and a half years was just not long enough.  He was so very special!  Today is really a bad day for me.  I hope things start to get better as I know he would not want me to be sad all the time.  Thank you all for your support and kindness.
Quote 0 0
Goobiesbf

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Newby. Loosing him suddenly is a shock and the more parts of your life he was involved in, the bigger the shock, the bigger your loss and the deeper your grief. Two months of a long human life isn't really much time. Grief knows no timetable.  Be kind to yourself.  Give yourself as much time as you need.  Grieving doesn't just stop.  It slowly changes into something less and less painful as time goes by.  Some days will be worse than others.  I thought I was doing pretty good considering and then Sunday was a full moon - the first full moon since my Goobie's been gone - and I thought of how he spent every moonlit night at my bedroom window watching the parade of who-knows-what in the backyard and about how he'll never be watching again.  It was heartbreaking.  Your Newby wouldn't want you to be sad all the time and I'm sure that he'd like you to know that he knows how much you love him and how much you're missing him. 

Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Dear Kathi,

I'm so sorry to hear about your sudden loss.  It's so hard to come to terms with any loss, but when it's unexpected, it really does throw you for a loop.

When I first came here in 2004 after losing our little cat, Buddy Guy, somewhat suddenly, I found tremendous comfort here.  I was encouraged to tell his story, and that helped me bring back the memories of happier times.  Sure, I related those stories through plenty of tears, but it really was helpful and cathartic to go through the process.

I remember struggling with the roller coaster of emotion well into the second and even third months.  That's normal.  It takes time for us to adjust to the loss of someone we've loved so well.  Each of us heals at her (or his) own pace, and there is no normal, one size fits all rule about this process.  We do the best we can, one day at a time.  Some days, we make great strides, and then ~ wham! ~ all of a sudden, it's one step forward, two steps back.  My heart goes out to you now.  Lean on this forum as you travel this journey on your path to healing.  It's the best place I know of to find the support and understanding you need now.

xoxoxo

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0