kathic
I am new to your wonderful website.  I just lost my beloved "baby" Newby on January 4th at 9:30 a.m.  He was my pride and joy.  I was honored to be his "granny."  I am not doing too well with his passing.  We did everything together.  I was with him 24/7.  I am not sure what to do now.  He was my everything.  He thought and I thought he was a "real"  little boy.  I miss him so much.  It doesn't seem right that he is not here with me anymore.  I know I have to move on but I am finding it so difficult just to get through the day.  Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 
Quote 0 0
nicokudo
Newby's mommie,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your precious Newby.  At the beginning, just getting through each day is a challenge.  May you find courage knowing that your baby is healthy and happy now.  I'm thinking of you today.

Karen,Kudo and Nico's mom
Earth mom to Marco and Bella
Quote 0 0
kathic
Thank you for your kind words.  I really needed it today as it is a very hard day today.  I am finding it hard just to start the day off.  I keep telling myself it will get better, but frankly how will it without my "soulmate."  He was the best doberman, so kind, so gentle, and so loving!  One minute he was here and the next I was looking into his eyes as he left us.  Again, thank you so much for your support and kind words as they are greatly appreciated!
Quote 0 0
Mac
Newby's Mommie,

Understand fully how you feel...getting up in the morning is difficult for me as well, as my day usually started with our Sassy coming to my room and waking me up.  The late evening is also difficult for me, as I used to sit with Sassy until she fell asleep (we lost her just before Thanksgiving).  When we have such a full life with our pet, it becomes all the more painful when that pet is gone.

What I've tried to do is find ways to "honor" my relationship, such as:
---take flowers to her grave at the pet cemetary
---put her photos together in an album
---put more photos in places (with flowers, candles, etc.) that give me places to focus

As you will learn, each person chooses to grieve differently - some of my family deal with it by not discussing, looking at photos, etc.  So be aware and try to sort out what is important to you, and to do those things.

I find that I get more help from visiting this forum and sharing my feelings, because I know that the people here do understand.

Finally, don't hold yourself to a timeline or an expectation by others that you should be "over it" by some set time.  Do what is right for you, and that will be the best way you can manage
Quote 0 0
tikidikidoo
I agree with Mac. Everyone deals with the loss of such a dear friend in their own way and everyone's timeline is unique. Take all the time you need to honour the memory of Newby. After all they have given us isn't that the least we can do? Time is our only friend in such a situation. You may think you are starting to come to terms with the loss and then it hits you again and you are back to square one. That is perfectly normal. It has happened to me. With time you come to accept that your dear friend is gone and you develop a different relationship with them. I have lost pets before and each one holds a space in my soul and my mind. I can think of them now without immediately coming to tears only because of the time that has passed. It isn't that I don't miss them still, but that our relationship has been transformed. They are a part of me now and always will be. I carry them with me into each and every day. They are my rock, just as they were when they were here. I know this time is hard and I am sorry for your pain. You've come to the right place. The very kind and generous people here understand what you are going through. 
x tiki
Quote 0 0
kathic
Thank you for your kind words.  I am still finding it difficult to get going in the mornings.  I miss Newby so much as I am sure you miss your loved one.  It seems like I cry all the time.  I am having a hard time focusing on my daily routine as Newby was a big part of that.  I am greatful that I have Sandy with me though.  She misses him also.  They would always play in the mornings and take naps together.  She goes through the house looking for him and has begun to sleep on his favorite blanket on his end of the sofa.  I know she is mourning his loss as well.  We are really trying to get on with the daily routine as best we can and we ask that you keep us in your thoughts and prayers.  Your support is truly appreciated!
Quote 0 0