Luke_03

Back in May my girl Darcy passed. She was almost 14 years old and we have been together since she was 7 months old. I had and still do the hardest time with her passing. We had 13 years of great memories. Jump to July and I started looking into adopting a dog because everyone said I needed to. Well I found a four year old that was clearly hit and has separation anxiety. Well from the minute I got home with her I was wanting to give her back. I talked to friend that is well known in the adoption field. She said to give it the weekend. This was last Friday. I’m thinking that right now I don’t need a pet and may never. I got everything right with Darcy and I am crying just missing her. My question is would I be a piece of s$&t if I returned her. She came from  a foster home and would go back. So she wouldn’t be put in the pound. And she lovings being around me. I could never treat her bad. But you can tell she  wants a person. And me missing Darcy so much I can’t be what she needs. If I would be causing another scare I could never live with myself. Any thoughts would help 

Quote 0 0
Quincysmomma
I know some of what you are feeling.  We lost our Quincy in March and adopted Frankie almost 4 weeks ago.  I thought I was ready but the reality of having a dog in our home that is not Quincy has proven to be very difficult.  I've been on an emotional roller coaster.  Frankie has seen me cry a lot and I tell him about Quincy all the time.  I've accepted that my relationship with Frankie is going to be different than the relationship I had with Quincy and that's ok...Quincy was the love of my life.  At the same time, Frankie is goofy and has brought some laughs back into our sad home and he deserves to be loved. The rescue that we got Frankie from told us there are several stages with rescues (3 days, 3 weeks and 3 months) that reveal more and more about their personality as everyone learns about each other. 

Whatever you decide to do, it's obvious you have the best interest of your new doggie in mind.  Someone mentioned in a similar thread I started that maybe Quincy had a hand in bringing Frankie into our lives...maybe your Darcy brought this new girl to you as well?
Quote 0 0