Forum

Author   Comment  
Riley

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello-I've just joined this forum as a support to what we (myself and my 9 yr old golden retriever, Riley) are experiencing which is a lymphoma diagnosis two weeks ago. It was noticed by swollen nodes under the neck and behind the front legs. Since we've visited an oncologist who determined t-cell and that chemo responds poorly. Riley is on Prednisone only. I search and search for any answers or signs as I just want to know what to expect. The prednisone seems to be keeping her spirits up, she eating, drinking and pottying ok, however she does spit up 1 to 2 times per day usually after a meal and does seem to be losing muscle very quickly. Shes becoming very bony in the head, neck, and rear. Does anyone feel they'd like to share their story experience and their animal's health? I'm just trying to understand how long we have left together. I'd do anything for this not to be happening. Riley is the start of our family. She's so important and there's going to be a huge hole when she passes. 

Thand you in advance for sharing your experience.

Lauren

Reply with quote  #2 
I'm sorry to hear about Riley. My 7 year old Pit bull, Zander,  was diagnosed on 6/29/12.  We are doing chemotherapy for the time being and prednisone.  We were told that the prednisone could irritate the stomach, cause excess drinking and urination and also muscle wasting.  I notice his head is much smaller than normal.  I am with you, I'd give anything for this not to be happening to my baby!
Riley

Reply with quote  #3 
I'm so sorry to heat that. 7 yrs old is too young. I wish Zander (love the name btw) the best of luck! Riley has already has stomach ulcers due to the continued pred which we figured out from blood in her stool therefore she's on meds for that as well. I've read some great stories of chemo and wish Riley were a candidate for it. Good luck Zander! You have a lot of life ahead of you!

Reply with quote  #4 
Hello,a few months back we lost our baby(Hannah) to Lymphoma.Everything was good one day and then the next day her lymph nodes were swollen and that was the beginning of the end. It took 3 months. The prednisone changed her,she acted differently,she drank a LOT more that usual and urinated a lot and would eat anything.Other than these things she acted normal for a while(3 Weeks) or longer.As time went by different parts of her body would start to show the signs of this evil disease.Her abdimon would swell,so we quit giving her protein and that got better. One thing I always noticed was that her eyes never changed.She always had beautiful eyes.One morning the swelling started to get worse around her neck and legs as this progressed her breathing was getting harder and then one day she layed down and could not get up by herself. When I went to pick her up she yelped and we new it was time. We did it that day.I prayed so hard for a miricle and I guess the miricle was the 6- years we had with her. She was an angel.It was one of the saddest days of my life and I still shed tears over her. I LOVED HER BEST.
Larry
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.