miasara Show full post »
FrankMissingOliver
Miasara, you are in the right place for help, compassion, and support. I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful little girl. I lost my four year old Oliver very suddenly January 27th. I understand the agony and pain you feel. Getting on seems unbearable. It is so difficult. I wish you the best. At least we all can talk here.
Quote 0 0
SweetCoco
I am so sorry for your loss. I understand your feelings as I am going through a recent loss myself. My little girl had so much more left in her. It is difficult and unbearable to accept a life with out our furry loves.
Quote 0 0
miasara
Thanks SweetCoco- I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.  It is so sad to be without them.  My pup was the 1st thing I saw every morning.  I;m am so sad the moment i wake up and see she is not there.  Feels so odd to not have her her- I;m still looking for her all around the house.
mia sara
Quote 0 0
Dino_927
One of the most beautiful and compassionate things we can do as parents to our fur babies is to know when they are in pain or misery. Such a young dog.Our little Dino was 6and developed an autoimmiune blood disorder. causing bleeding. WE spent a lot in the doggie ICU to avail. Finally we saw he was so so tired. He barely wagged his  tail  We knew it was time. We have been crying since sept 27. Let youself do it.

Quote 0 0
miasara
Hi Dino- thanks for reaching out.  I am so very sorry about the loss of your beloved Dino.  Those autoimmune disease are so incredibly sad.  My sweet Hazel was at the vet's just about every other week and she hated it.  I sill have a drawer in the kitchen filled with all her medications.  Yes, I am starting to realize it definitely is time when they are in pain and misery, and no longer interested in things that once brought them joy.  My sincere condolences.  I completely understand your pain.  Thanks again for your kind reply.
mia sara
Quote 0 0
mmccormick
Don't be hard on yourself. You did what you had to do to save your baby from further suffering. She is no longer in pain and waiting at rainbow Bridge for you. My story is long and sad I'll save you the details. I had a minni schauser named Ninja for fifteen yrs. and had to put him down last year for medical reasons. It still hurts so bad. But I keep in mind that it would have been selfish of me to let him keep suffering cause I was so afraid to say goodbye. I could not even be present for euthanization cause I could not watch him die. My son was with him. But I wish I was there with him in his last moments but I was a coward and could not face the pain. At least you were there.
Quote 0 0
Michelle890
Your story hit home with me. My 1st dog I had to euthanize wrecked me. I had the vet come to my home to make things easier for her. I was hugging on my dog saying my good byes and then the vet held her leg to insert the needle And my dog bit my hand (not on purpose) while yelping in pain.
I had totally forgotten to inform the vet that her back knee was extremely painful and that was exactly where she was holding on to! It was a really bad experience. I had a bite mark to visually remind me of what happened and thr guilt for forgetting something so important to relay to the vet made me a mess..it took a while to forgive myself. But I now know I did the best I could. Just remember you're not alone, were only humans trying to do the best for our beloved pets.
Quote 0 0
miasara
Thank you so much mmccormick and Michelle- I appreciate your replies. 
Mmccormick- I am so very sorry for your loss.  Euthanizing due to medical issues is so difficult.  I cleaned out my desk today and found Hazel's folder and OMG- we were at the vets at least twice a month which she absolutely hated. You are completely right when you mention it is selfish to keep a sick pet alive to avoid our pain.  
Michelle- wow- we certainly did have similar experiences.  Making the decision to euthanize is devastating but then to not have it go as planned is just heartbreaking.  I am learning to come to terms with it.  I keep reminding myself that my Hazel had anxiety and she reacted to the vet that last day the same way she always reacted. Thank you for sharing your experience- your dog left this world with you there and caring- that's truly a great gift. 
mia sara
Quote 0 0