FishChris
I could go through every single post here, and I have already seen a few, but I'm sure I would quickly sound like a broken record, if to every single post, I said, "I'm SO sorry ! And I know exactly how you feel" ! But that's just the truth of it ! 
I read a little quote yesterday, that I think might be true.... Time wont make it better, but it will make it different.

I lost my Father to cancer, 44 years ago, and I still miss him. To this day, more than 4 decades later, their are times when I wish I could talk to him... discuss things with him, get his advice.... However, I can be in a conversation with a stranger, and mention, "Well my father passed away over 40 years ago, when I was only 11....."..... and I don't feel any urge to break down and cry. 

Not so with our Sadie Mae. I'm sure time will change this too. But right now, it just completely sucks, no matter how I look at it :( Feels worse after 2 days, than it did when I first found out she was gone :( I think its really just now setting in :(
Animal lover and photographer
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Chris,

I am very sorry for your loss of Sadie Mae. Like you, my father passed along time ago when I was young. I still miss him and am sad that he missed out on so much of my life and that I missed having him there. But, again like you, I can think of him and talk about him without breaking down. It's been over two months since I said that final goodbye to my sweet boy Jagger. At times I can think and speak of him with a smile and other times with tears. All of my pets are and were special, but Jagger was especially so.

It can help to share feelings, pictures and stories about your Sadie Mae here, when and if you feel like it. There are many compassionate and understanding people here who can help you during this difficult time.

Jan

Quote 0 0
Geggles
I think I can relate to your post Chris.I lost my Dad to cancer only last October,it was a very tough time but I seem to have coped with my grief and have it under control.
Unfortunately I had to put down my dog down around 3 weeks ago and the pain seems more intense and brings feelings of guilt,it's not that I cared more about my dog more than my father.
I think it's because I was responsible for my dog's welfare and he depended on me for everything.You are right that you never truly get over grief,time does dissolve the intensity of it.
Regards,Greg
Quote 0 0
FishChris
Thank you Jan and Greg. Its really nice to know their are folks on the same exact page. Obviously we love our human family members very much too, living and gone, but we all agree its just different with our pets. Not better, or worse... Just very different. 
Animal lover and photographer
Quote 0 0