Yasmine
Hello:

I just found this forum and wanted to introduce myself. I actually lost my pet in 2009 but it is still painful because I pushed it out of my mind and didn't really focus on grieving his loss. Strangely, I had a much easier time coping with my father's loss because I didn't feel the guilt I feel towards my kitty. I feel I took him for granted, and the guilt is just enormous. I really want to focus on this now and let this go so it stops being so painful.

Thanks
Yasmine
Yasmine
Quote 0 0
JennyTeddy
Dear Yasmine,

I’m so sorry for your loss and the pain you’re enduring. You came to the right place. It can be hard to write but it helps a lot. My baby Teddy passed away 6 weeks ago from Heart failure. It’s been painful. What is your beloved kitty’s name? What’s his story? Sending you warm hugs 💛 I hope you find comfort here. People are very sweet, supportive and understanding.

💕
If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Quote 0 0
bluegreen_eyes
I am glad you found this forum, welcome to the club.
bluegreen_eyes
Quote 0 0
Yasmine
Thanks to both of you. My kitty was named Shamrock (because he had red hair and looked Irish). Actually he was more cafe latte coloured. He was the most beautiful kitty I've ever seen - literally. And he had so much personality! My ex-bf said Sham thought he was too good to be just a cat! lol. I really miss him so much. I'm just glad I can try to heal here. Thanks ...
Yasmine
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Yes, the losses you don’t acknowledge hang on. I lost my baby Jan 3rd this year. With the enormous pain of losing her I’ve also finally started grieving the loss of my other girl in 2014, I’m glad you’ve found this place to write about your feeling. You’ll see you’re not alone. Be good to you
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
JennyTeddy
Shamrock is a cute name and he sounds beautiful. He sounds like he had quite the personality. 💛 sharing Shamrocks story (the day he passed, health issues, how you’re feeling, good memories, all the memories) it truly does help to share little or long stories if you have seen my page. The pain of missing our babies will never go away, but really they aren’t gone, physically yes, but spiritually they are with us. I truly feel Teddy. Sending you hugs and I Hope you find comfort here 💕💛 I’m sure you will.

Hugs
If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Quote 0 0
Yasmine
Hello everyone. Just checking in because I just woke up from a dream about my kitty. It wasn't a sad dream but it wasn't a happy one either. It was just about me wanting to make him feel comfortable while trying to juggle work and feeling guilty that he was alone during the day, etc. But sometimes I'm glad when I dream about him because I think maybe he's still with me. It takes me a few seconds when I wake up to remember he's not here anymore. :(
Yasmine
Quote 0 0