Lynneast1
We had to euthanize our precious 14 1/2-year-old poodle, Tache, 6 days ago. The grief has been surprising in it's intensity. My husband and I have not only lost a sweet companion but I've lost an important job as medical caretaker. Tache had diabetes, high blood pressure, was blind, and unable to walk toward the end. He finally just stopped eating and just slept all the time. It was "the right thing to do" but I still feel guilty. I cry a lot and can't seem to get any energy going. Thanks for the space to talk.
Lynn J East
Quote 0 0
mistybmanes
Sorry for the loss of you Tache.  I understand your loss of a companion because it was only me and Annabelle for the past 13 years.  I still feel lost at times with her not being here.  Don't feel guilty over your difficult decision.  You did the best for your sweet baby and did not want to see him suffer any longer.  Its ok to cry and let your feelings out.  We all need to do that and the everyone on here is so understanding.  Prayers and hugs for you.

Misty 
Quote 0 0
catiebee
I'm sad to read of your loss, Lynn. You're not alone in being caught off guard by the intensity of your grief. Especially at first, it's extremely hard to bear. Tons of tears, wretched as feels to weep them out, are normal. As is deep sadness and a slew of other struggles just to get through things. Be extra gentle with yourself while your grief is so raw and write as much as you need to. Most everyone here understands, will listen caringly, can relate, and will pass you tissues. 
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Sil
Lynneast1,

I am truly sorry for your loss of Tache.  Believe, I understand your pain - We understand your pain.  Those first days are the hardest.  The pain, grief, loneliness, guilt hit you like a ton of bricks.  Please, do not blame yourself, your decision was made based on love.  You just wanted, Tache to be free of pain.  In this forum there is pain caused by losing a beloved pet, BUT, there is so much compassion and empathy, and plenty of caring ears to listen to your sadness.  Hugs
Quote 0 0
Lynneast1
Thanks for your kind words. It helps to know I'm not alone.

Lynn
Lynn J East
Quote 0 0
Raine
Im so sorry for your loss. I lost my beloved dog 4 weeks ago, Im so lost without her, I lost my husband three years ago, Ladybug was such a comfort for me, She would always be by the door when ever I came home, I took her with me when ever I could, She was so sweet and loveable she was such good company. Now my house is empty and im alone . Most of my friends are married or have someone. Ladybug gave me so much love and happiness . The grief is unbearable, Im so thankful for rainbow bridge and the kind people who understand  how sad it is to lose your pet. People say it takes time and things will get better. I hope in time it will. God Bless
Jean DeGrafft
Quote 0 0
Lynneast1
Hi Jean -

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, especially after losing your husband.

It's been just over 2 weeks since Tache left us and I'll think I'm OK and then he will cross my mind and I just start sobbing again.

It takes a long time, I guess. We don't know if we want to have another puppy yet. Have you thought of getting another one?

God Bless,

Lynn
Lynn J East
Quote 0 0