kaiserandsashasmummy
My baby boy Kaiser passed away just over 3 weeks ago due to a road accident.  The neighbours that found him came over in the weekend and told us that their cat had just had kittens, and did we want one? 

I feel like it's too early, the grief still too fresh in my mind to take on another baby just yet.  They are only 2 days old.  But if not us, then who?  I'm not going to lie, this family is of the lower socio-economic category and already has 4 cats and 2 dogs that I don't think they look after as well as they should (even though they say they love them to death) but we often see their dogs sitting in the middle of the road!!

Plus I am terrified that if I take on another cat then they will get hit just like my baby Kaiser did.  I don't think I could handle that happening again.  We live on a fairly busy street that connects between two main roads so people use it as a thoroughfare and there are no road markings or speed bumps so they really hoon down our street...drives me and my husband insane...we want to move soon...

I want our neighbours' new kittens to have a good start at life but I'm not really sure what to do.  Part of me wants to adopt and the other part doesn't.  Partly because we are thinking about adopting a puppy next year and already have one cat of our own (who thankfully likes staying inside the majority of the time and is scared of the road).  

What would you do?  :(
Quote 0 0
Cynthia_H
Dear Whytney:

I am so sorry for your loss of your sweet baby boy Kaiser.  My thoughts and prayers are with you in your time of loss.

The decision to adopt another fur baby is a very personal one.  What I would do may not be right for your circumstances.  I am sure that if you search your heart and think deeply on this you will come up with the right decision.

Be gentle with yourself and take care of yourself.  Cynthia.
Quote 0 0
camunki
first off i am sorry about your sweet Kaiser....and to me it sounds like you may be doubting yourself about accepting the new kitten, you may just not be ready and that is ok......take some time and think it over and do it for the right reasons and decide if you are ready.

Cam

Quote 0 0
Lenegal
Sorry for the loss of your kitty due to a road accident
If you are not sure you are ready for a new pet, then maybe you should wait. It is your decision.
I learned a lesson a long time ago about cats and the outdoors. After losing a couple of cats to either getting hit by cars, or the cat being missing, I adopted 2 littermates who lived to be 16..they died of kidney failure. I never let them out. They ran out one time and suffered anxiety attacks and a ton of fleas in the process. First an last time they saw the great outdoors. The vet told me that indoor cats are as happy as outdoor cats a much more safe. I wish you well.
Quote 0 0