winstonsmom12
I was walking Peanut this morning.  I came upon 2 neighbors.  One who knew about Winston, and the other who didn't.  He said "oh Winston died" that killed me.  I just said yes and walked around the corner.  I burst into tears.  I cried all the way to my door.  I had taken Winston walking down that street a million times. 

I am typing through tears, as I usually do when I post on here.  Just had to get that off my chest.  Thanks.
Susan
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Hi Susan,  I`m sorry - it sometimes happens to me too, when someone mentions Jim - I get a huge lump in my throat and have to get home.  It shows just how much we loved our precious babies, and how we`ll miss them forever.
                                                                  Hugs, Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Thanks Jackie  It just shocked me a little I think.  The tears came out of nowhere.  I wish Winston were here for just one more day, so I could pamper, spoil and love him once more
Susan
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
I know Susan, sometimes it only takes the slightest thing to set me off.  If only we could have them back for just a little while, to hold them and tell them we will see them again some day.  I wish our animals could live for much longer, we were lucky to have 17 years with Jim, but even that just didn`t seem long enough. 
                                                    Jackie x
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Susan,
I'm so sorry that happened to you. It is upsetting when you hear that - it took me a long time to say that Bailey "died" - I had to refer to it as "he left" or that we had to say goodbye. I agree with what Jackie said: it's because we love them so very much! I hope your day gets better!! Thinking of you,
MJ :)
Quote 0 0
et61
I'm so sorry Susan - I know the pain you are going through. Sometimes when you think you are ok something like this happens. I still can't or haven't come to the realization that my Sweetie is gone. IF someone said something to me, I know that I would go home in tears. Hugs to you,
Dawn
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
susan, oh hon we all know how you feel.  I was in the acme yesterday and a neighbor who lost his wife a few months ago saw me at the customer service desk and asked me how I was feeling.  it's nice when our neighbors recognize the special bond we share with our loved furbabies, while others are capable of blurting out seemingly unfeeling or callous remarks.  I too still cry when someone comes up to me and says something about roxie and I've come to realize that most don't realize the way they say something (though there are those who know very well how hurtful their words are to us).  as for your tears, well never apologize to anyone for those falling freely as they are shed from a place of such deep love and loss.  there are many things I apologize for it seems these days but nobody will ever hear me apologize for crying over what is the greatest love lost to me.  also I still never say that my girl "died" but choose to say she passed or crossed the bridge because "died" just sounds too final and I know it's not.  I too hope you find the rest of your day better.  many many hugs
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
JNonna  I never use the word died either.  Wether it be Human or animal.  I always say "passed" or " passed away".  I just didn't like the finality of the word Gerard used. I know it wasn't to hurt me, as I have known him for a long time.

It Just shocked me to hear it.  You're right That word is so final.  Thank you for your post.  Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
Eddiesmom
Same here. Was walking along today and just started crying thinking Eddie should be here walking with us, enjoying this beautiful day and chasing squirrels.  It was just me and Chewy walking, it's just not the same...we are not complete.  I hate this.  
Sue E
Quote 0 0
Brodiesma
People don't think...

A relative (!!!!) who saw me grieving quite badly one day shortly after Brodie passed said...

"I don't mean to be funny, but you should have had him stuffed!"

I don't have to tell you what this did to me.  I want to believe in their own ignorant, misguided way they were trying to bring levity to the situation...(failed miserably!!!)
Every tear is a prayer.
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
What an awful thing to say!  I don't know what my reaction would have been to that.  Some people can be very ignorant unless they have gone through the same thing themselves!
Susan
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Oh Brodiesma, I cannot believe that a relative said that to you.  People don`t realise how full of grief we are when losing our beloved animals, they just don`t get it that we grieve just as much (if not more), than when we lose a friend or family member.  
                                                        Hugs, Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Baileysbro
Terrible, some people just don't think.
Bailey
October 31, 2002 - April 19, 2016 10:25 P.M.
My best friend, my companion, my love

[e8de4bc1-77ae-4da2-9834-109b68b6cda8]

[Paws-for-the-News-Grieving-the-loss-of-a-pet] 
Quote 0 0