MOgirl
My name is Lisa I had to put my dog down Monday .he had cancer . He was 12yrs old . I'm having a hard time dealing with the loss . All I do is cry. He was a big part of my life . Im just devastated.
Quote 0 0
PipersMother
Hi Lisa, I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  You've come to the right place for understanding.  We all understand the pain and all the other emotions that come with losing a beloved pet.  It is devastating to lose a pet, no matter the circumstances.  They are members of our families and their absence leaves enormous holes in our worlds.  

I wish you peace and comfort.  Blessings to your sweet dog and his life.  
Quote 0 0
Sil
MOgirl,

I am very sorry for the loss of your beloved pet.  Words cannot describe the immense pain their absence causes.  You are in the early stages of grief....and the pain at times, is overwhelming.  I, too lost a very special pet, his name was Sol (male doggie).  His loss is present every day.  We understand your pain, write about your precious pet.  We all have lost a very special pet and we understand your pain.  Hugs
Quote 0 0
Reyna
I completely sympathize with you and feel your pain.  I had to put my 14-year old down on Monday as well, two days after he had a completely out of the blue gran mal seizure.  His first ever.  I am still in shock and feel tremendous guilt over what I may have been able to do to prevent this or even help him during his decline afterwards.  The grief is overwhelming, but please take comfort in knowing that you are not alone.
Quote 0 0
Sil
MOgirl,

Visit this forum and write about your precious baby.  It helps to write and "let out" your pain.  In this forum, we feel and understand your pain.  We are in different stages of the grief process. Our beloved pets were such an essential part of our lives....we miss them, we cry for them.  Take comfort in knowing, that in this forum, we all understand you pain.  We are here to listen, you are not alone.  Hugs

Reyna,

I am truly sorry for your loss of your handsome fur boy.  When we lose our beloved pet, due to a short or lenghty illness, we try to "prepare" ourselves, but we are never ready - how could we be?  they are the source of such unconditional love, a bond so deep and strong like no other.  When they pass suddenly due to an undetected condition, or due to an accident....it is a complete shock.  The what if's? are just plain torture.  But, remember, our pets, have this incredible ability/capacity to withstand pain and to hide their illness.
Sometimes, even with medical help, their sweet bodies cannot suffer any more and they say good bye.  Please, be gentle to yourself.  You loved your fur baby.

JennyTeddy a member of this forum has this quote:  "If Love Could Have Saved You, You Would Have Lived Forever"

Reading this quote, brings me "peace", because it is our truth.  Hugs

Quote 0 0
MissGiz
I’m writing on here because it gives me some strength being in a spot where people understand. My little guy had pulmonary hypertension and was not really the same the past 3 weeks. Yesterday he was the best he was. We were sharing food in the morning and when I asked if he wanted to go to the office he got up. He came to the office walked around and said hi to everyone. I finally thought the meds might be in a good spot. He passed away about 6 hours later. I’m shocked, angry but overall full of this big void. We rescued him and only had him for 3 years but he changed my life and actually made it bareable. I never thought I was this sad case and thought I had a full life with being happily married and having 2 great daughters. In that sense I am lucky but there was still this great void. I moved to CA 10 years ago from NJ and just felt a void. I never adapted. We got Giz 3 years ago and we bonded. He became by best friend and gave me a daily regime. He occupied my time and took me away from feeling how miserable i kind of was.

I am selfishly missing him so much it hurts. By selfish i mean I needed him and now what do I do? Is this wrong?

Like so many others who came here to get some relief.....I understand. I am now going to take the road and hopefully recover from this. I just dont know how
SNE
Quote 0 0
Sil
MissGiz,

I am very sorry for your loss of Giz.  They provide us with unconditional love, companionship and loyalty.  This profound bond is unlike any human bond....words cannot fully explain, what these wonderful creatures bring into our lives.  They are happy just "being", they are a "gift".  You are not selfish for wanting your fur baby back, we all "want them back"....but, sometimes their bodies have suffered enough.  Again, I am sorry for your loss.  Prayers and Hugs
Quote 0 0