heartbrokeninwisconsin

Hi everybody, I’m new to this forum so I would like to introduce myself.  My name is Brian and I live in Wisconsin.  My dearest Sarah died Thursday morning and my wife and I are devastated.  She was part of our family for 13 ½ years.   She was a Black Lab.   We miss her so much.  I never thought it would be this painful.  We loved her so much.  I can’t stop thinking about her.  I would give my right arm just to have her back for just 1 day so I could hug her and kiss her 1 last time so that she knows for sure how much we love her and miss her.  I feel so guilty that I didn’t give her enough love and support during her final hours.  Everywhere I look I expect to see her there.  Every time I wake up in the morning I expect to see her lying beside the bed and she isn’t there.  I can’t make it through the day without sobbing uncontrollably at some point.  I also have a Golden Retriever who will be 12years old in March and we thought we were going to lose him about a week before Thanksgiving which was also very painful.  He had a case of laryngeal paralysis.  He basically started suffocating before our very eyes so we rushed him to the vet where he had to stay overnight to undergo surgery to tie back 1 side of his larynx so he could breath.  The vets were not sure if he would make it because he had developed a heart arrhythmia due to lack of oxygen of not being able to breathe.  To make a long story short he did survive and he’s still with us today.  But I know the day is fast approaching when I’ll have to say goodbye to him too.  I try not to think about it and cherish every moment I have with him now.  I also have 2 cats which are also about the same age as Sarah and I have to cherish every moment I have with them too.  It is comforting to know that there are other people out there who can understand the pain my wife and I are going through right now.  It is also comforting to know that we will be reunited with them in the afterlife someday according to biblical scripture.  There are many books on the subject.  One such book titled “Will I See Him Again” by Tom Waldron.  I just got it today and haven’t read it yet but it looks like it’s going to be a really good book.  I realize it is going to take time to heal but for now my wife and I need all the support we can get.  Thank You all for being here.

Pictures of Patches Stinky Sarah and Luke

Quote 0 0
tikidikidoo
Hello
I would like to start this out by saying how very sorry I am for your loss. I know all too well the pain involved in losing such a dear, cherished friend. Guilt is a natural process of grieving and believe me we all feel it. It is extremely difficult to get used to the idea that they are no longer here. In time that will get easier. Time is the only thing that heals. The loss is devastating. There are many books that have helped me through these times. I hope the one you found helps you. I would like to know your thoughts on it after you have read it. We have 6 beloved "kids" right now and I know in the future I will need all the help I can get. I have some I can recommend to you if you'd like, just let me know. My thoughts are with you and your wife. There may not be many who respect the depth of your loss but this is a good place where many people, sadly, know just how you feel. The loss of an animal is just as devastating, sometimes more so, than the loss of a human. Take care. You will see your sweet Sarah again one day. 
Quote 0 0
jasminesmom
Brian,

I am so sorry for your loss. And you have come to the right place to share you grief, your guilt, your anger. All of us here have been there. I hear your pain-I share your guilt. I lost my beloved Jasmine 09-04-09 from an adverse reaction to a prescription drug I gave her and that day will forever be etched in my memory. I could not hardly breath, the tears would not stop. Today, I still mourn her. I still cry and yet cannot say her name out loud without tears. Know that you can come here anytime to share.

My Jasmine was there to greet Sarah at The Rainbow Bridge where they can run again free from pain.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today.

Hugs,

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Jasmine was loved
Jasmine was given ProIn
Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
heartbrokeninwisconsin
Thank you tikidikidoo and jasminesmom for for your kind words.  I just wish God could whisper in my ear and tell me she's ok and happy and that she's being comforted.  I've been thinking about my own life and how much longer it's going to be before I see her and all the other pets that I've had in my life.  I'm 46 and if I live to be 70 I still have 24 years to go before I see her again. Of course the Lord could call me home sooner or later.  I've been thinking all kinds of crazy things lately.  My wife seems to be taking her passing better than I.  In church this morning I almost started sobbing again but I was able to maintain my composure.  God must know how much I hurt right now and he's letting me feel this pain but why exactly I don't know.  I have to go to work tomorrow morning which I'm not looking forward to.  I wish I didn't have to leave the house for about 2 years. I started reading the book by Tom Waldron "Will I See Him Again" and it's a really good book. He has already quoted many verses that show that there is a very real hope of seeing them again  I'm already convinced that I'll see her and the others again.  I'm only about a third the way through but it's been very comforting. I have 2 other books that I want to read after this one called  " There is Eternal Life for Animals" and "Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates".  If you know of any other books based on Bible scripture please let me know.  I almost forgot.  I ordered another book called the "Soul of Your Pet"
Although I'm becoming more and more convinced that I'll see them again the fact is I miss her right now and I feel like I should have done more for her,  spent more time with her in her final hours, made her know how much I love and miss her. 
Bye for Now

Quote 0 0
jasminesmom
heartbrokeninwisconsin

Believe in time you will know that you did all you could. In time, you will see that you showed Sarah just how much love you had for her, by helping her to The Bridge. Yes, it is very,very hard on us left behind. I am still there, but with each passing day I know I did the very best for Jasmine, gave her all the love I could feel and made the ultimate sacrifice by helping her to The Bridge for I was not ready for that day 09-04-09, but Jasmine was.

Continue to share tour feelings here-it does help.

Prayers for you today.

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Jasmine was loved
Jasmine was given ProIn
Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
Abbys_Mom
Hi Brian,
First of all I would like to say how sorry I am for you and your Wife in the loss of your Sarah.  You are not alone in your feelings and you are in the right place where people do understand.  My Abby (Golden) died on 11-15-09 at six years old (Hemangiosarcoma) and I have been through a big range of emotions... guilt is a very big and real part of grief.  It is normal to keep wishing you would have spent more time or done more but, I can tell you loved this girl very much and I am sure she had a great life with you.  Yet, it still does not make losing her any easier. I too can relate to having to go back to work.... you just want to hide away from the world.  I hope your heart will start to heal and allow all of the happy memories of your Sarah to fill it...
My thoughts and prayers are with you.  If you haven't done so... please join us at the Memorial Ceremony on Monday's such a wonderful supportive group of people.

Tracy 
Quote 0 0
heartbrokeninwisconsin
Thank you Tracy. My prayers are with you also.  I still haven't made it through a whole day without crying yet.  I know time will heal and I know God knows how much we hurt which gives me all the more reason I believe he will reunite us someday with our furry loved ones. One person I spoke to lost their pet 2 years ago and she still cries about him from time to time.  I spoke to a guy yesterday who lost a Golden about 3 years ago and he still cries from time to time.  I know I will never forget her.  I still remember my first dog 40 years ago and I remember every pet I've had every since.  I still have my Golden who will be 12 in March (Lord willing) and 2 kitties who are about the same age as Sarah.  I know I'll be going through this pain again and again as the time must come for each one.  I just think about the verse in the Bible that says not even a sparrow falls to the ground without our father knowing.  I know he was with her as she gave up her spirit and that she is happy in the presence of our Father now.  She was such a good girl.  God loves our pets even more than we do.  He loved them enough to create them in the first place and I also believe it is just one of the many ways he has shown his love for us. By creating them for us to take care of.  My prayers go out to everyone who is feeling the hurt of losing their furry little loved one.  Don't give up.  There is much hope that you will see them again.  I highly recommend Tom Waldrons book "Will I See Him Again" and Niki Behrikis book "There is Eternal Life for Animals".  It has helped me a lot.
Brian

Quote 0 0
CarolW
Dear Brian, you kindly and thoughtfully took the time to send me your prayers as I posted my sad loss just a short while age, even though you are going through the same pain as I am now. Thank you.
Take comfort that our pets know just how much we love and care for them from the very day we bring them into our lives and although you may feel like you should have or could have expressed this more, Sarah will have felt your love all through her life. Think of those special moments where you fussed and played (I bet there were many) and you will see that just these simple things alone show the bond you had. I still feel a hurt when I think of all my babies I have lost over the years, but it's a pain of both appreciation and sadness which over time you will be able to handle better. This doesnt mean you care any less, it just means your mind is managing the situation better. 
The way I try to think is, we know we will have our hearts broken one day, but the years and years of pleasure we get and receive from our special furry friends makes it a process we are prepared to go through. I put my Bo-Bo on "gone to dog star" today. It helps me a lot, I can now go and see her star twinkle whenever I wish. It may help you too? http://www.gonetodogstar.com/ I am thinking of you and your wife at this time.
Quote 0 0