Dozer2007 Show full post »
et61
Oh my gosh how horrible to have him go from the dog park to Rainbow Bridge so quickly. I couldn't imagine how you feel. I've lost several animals and one just recently that is breaking my heart. I don't eat, sleep and have a hard time concentrating. It is always more painful, to me, when it's unexpected. Grieve, cry all you want for as long as you want. That was/is your baby. We are all animal lovers and our pets are our babies. Time will help heal as I'm learning but I hate this grieving process. You will always have him in your heart. Hugs to you.
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Michelle. I am so sorry for your loss, Dozer was such a beautiful boy.  You did everything possible for him - I know we all think about the `What ifs`, but you took away his pain and suffering, and that is the kindest but hardest thing we can do. 
 Its so hard adjusting to life without them - all the funny little ways they had.  I had to have my old dog Jim put to sleep 17 weeks ago, and I still keep finding things of his everywhere around the house and garden - just the other day I decided to wear a coat I hadn`t worn since last Autumn, and there in the pocket was a spare poop bag, and a shopping list including dental sticks for Jim.  They certainly become a huge part of our lives, and take a big piece of our hearts when they have to leave.  Everyone on this lovely forum understands exactly how you feel, keep coming here, someone will always be here to listen to you. 
                                            Hugs to you, Jackie.
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU
Michelle~  I am very sorry to see & read about Dozer. What a handsome boy & such an amazing face! You are not 'a crazy lady' at all. Anything that helps us get through these days is OK. I still have Lucy's blanket on my bed. It is all part of the 'new abnormal' because there's not too much that can fill our hurting hearts.

You made the unbearably hard, unselfish decision to take Dozer's pain. When I made my decision about Lucy, my vet who loved Lucy told me that she hopes that when her own time comes for her aging boy that she can 'be so brave'. She was crying with me. All I know is to please be kind to yourself. Talk to Dozer. Watch for signs. He will always be with you-- he is a part of your heart forever. Our bonds are too strong to just 'end'. But there's no denying it. The pain is fierce. Come here often. Everyone understands because we are all grieving too. Hugs, Kasey
Quote 0 0
Dozer2007
Thank you Jonancy :)
I decided I needed to stay home from work one more day. I'm very emotionally raw right now, and don't think I'm ready to put on a happy face for the world quite yet.
A good friend came over last night and brought her mastiff. Those sloppy kisses were great therapy! She also decided she needed to lay on my lap just like Dozer always did. I was worried it would be too much for me, but I think I needed to interact with a dog.
Michelle
Quote 0 0
Dozer2007
I wanted to add that I am so grateful for all of your kind words. I re-read everyone's reply's and it helps so much. Your kind words are so needed right now.
I want to send all of you love and light...hoping that peace finds all of us soon.
Michelle
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Michelle   The first 2 weeks after I lost Winston, I could not be around people.  My girlfriend invited me to her house, I went but only stayed 10 minutes and was crying the whole time.  I said..I have to go Kelly...I can't be around people right now.  She understood, having 5 dogs of her own.

My daughter would do my errands for me, I had to cancel appointments.  I couldn't eat, sleep or function.  I was totally hysterical.  My daughters even wanted to hospitalize me.  I feared I was going to have a breakdown.  I prayed to my parents (both gone) to help me with this.

By some miracale, it seemed to help me.  All of us here have been through this stage.  I know prayer seemed to help me.  Hugs to you Michelle.
Susan
Quote 0 0
Dozer2007
I'm so sorry. I was looking at urns for his ashes and just couldn't get through it. I decided to wait until my husband comes home so he can have a voice in the decision. It's been a lot harder not having him home through this.

I bought a journal at the book store last night and decided to use it to write to my beloved boy. I wrote 5 pages today. It was a very cathartic experience for me.

HUGS, LOVE, & LIGHT to you all!
Michelle
Quote 0 0