Forum

Author   Comment  
Sandy_T

Reply with quote  #1 
Ralphie my 16 year old Chihuahua has a tumor on his behind. My vet said she doesn't think he will survive surgery because of his age. The tumor has grown and is now huge, almost the size of a golf ball.
Ralphie doesn't seem to be in pain. The tumor now has an open wound. It bleeds a little and we are keeping it clean with beatadine and antibiotic ointment. He is eating good and still enjoys going outside with our other dog Pearl. Our vet says as long as he's not in pain and we are keeping it clean then we are doing all we can.
I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on this.
Tankie12

Reply with quote  #2 
Sandy I’m sorry about Ralphie. At home you’re doing good, keeping it clean is important. I’m glad he’s eating and doing good. I would get a second opinion about further treatment, of course removal is the best option. Does he have a heart issue that concerns your Vet? I know he’s 16 and thats a concern. But I’d definitely get another Vets advice. Best wishes,,,,,

Reply with quote  #3 
I have decided to get a second opinion. I am calling today for an appointment. We have had the same vet for over 10 years and she has has always been very good with my babies. His liver values are high which he is on medications for, but he doesn't have any heart problems that we know of. I have confidene she is right but I need to hear it from another vet. I will post an update when I have one. Thank you for your input.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.