ChessersMom
I’ve never posted in a chat room in my life but this is something that I really need help with & I can’t get it in my regular life. I lost Chesser (my 2 1/2 yr old Chorkie) on Monday night & I’m suffering grief like I’ve never felt in my life! I’ve lost other loved ones, even my parents, & I’ve never felt like this. I feel his absence constantly & it’s absolutely killing me! We were together 24/7 & he was my very best friend in the world. My husband went outside & Chesser snuck out w/out our knowledge & was hit by a car. My poor husband found him & carried him to me. That image replays in my head constantly & im having panic attacks daily. I’m either crying or trying not to. Can’t sleep or eat. I can’t have good memories of him without breaking down. I know it’s only been 4 days but I don’t see a way through my pain. And although it’s really unfair, I privately keep blaming my husband. He’s grieving just as hard as I am & I don’t wanna add to his pain but I can’t help but think “what if?”. If anyone out there has been through this & has some advice, I’d love to get your feedback. Thanks so much for reading this. Just having someone listen helps.
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Katherine,

I am so saddned to read of your recent loss. You came to the right place. This forum is filled with very caring, understanding, compassionate, empathetic, loving, wise and kind people. They will help you now. And you can read others posts, comments, stories, memories etc. and it will truly help you through what you are going through. This is a safe haven for those in grief. Please know that you are not alone. We are with you in comradeship and spirit. 

I'm so sorry for what you are experiencing and coping with. I am 8 months into my grief since yesterday. I had to put my beloved pet down due to a series of complications and health issues. And he too was very close and dear to me. He was my son, my best friend, my only remaining family and my love and my light. He saved my life many times. I knew him for 4 1/2 years, but I am grateful for every moment that we spent together.

I went through everything that you are right now. It is natural to not eat (I lost a great deal of weight and had to force myself to continue to eat on a daily basis for months) and my sleep also suffered. But I am here to tell you, that the pain, regret, guilt, remorse and sadness does lesson. It all does begin to fade. It just takes time for it to do so. And pleasant and loving memories of your lost beloved come to the surface when you think back about them.

Please just be gentle with yourself and continue to breath. And continue to travel through time. Allow you mind and bodies built in healing mechanism to help you. It will. It is your birthright.

Kind regards & my sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 0 0
Brightstar
I lost my baby yesterday out of the blue and please know your not alone, my heart is broken and I’m struggling so I completely know your pain. It’s so hard because they were our fur babies and I two have those what if moments but have to keep reminding myself we cannot torture ourselves like that because i do believe when Jesus wants them home their time has come xxx I’ve hardly slept and my eyes are so puffy and red from constantly crying and I didn’t eat yesterday. Please please know your not alone and I’ve found this forum only yesterday and I need to know I’m not alone it helps. Talk with your husband it will help you both I promise xxx I’ve been talking with mine and we’ve cried together too. I believe I’ll see my Akira again and keep trying to remind myself it’s us that’s hurting because we miss them so much and want them with us again but they are with Jesus and happy and out of pain. Lots of prayers and I’m here if you need to talk because I need it too Emma xxxx
Quote 0 0