jordan1234
i unfortunatly had to put my cat (dusty) to sleep yesterday she hadnt been eating and was being sick i thought she was going to be ok i understand that she was 20 years old and id noticed she was deteriorating, she had a habbit of waking me up at 5.00am wanting to play and cuddling me, she loved me cradling her in my arms and ticking her toes. I had high hopes for the vets i thought at most she'd be given a few tablets to settle her stomach but when id went in the vet informed me it was strong signs of kidney failure and at 20 years old i was kind of expecting something to give but she had good days and bad days which made me think maybe she can recover im only 21 myself so ive grew up with her she always took an attachment to me when i came home from work she'd be laid on my bed or laid on my chair now coming home and it feels so empty i buried her in my garden wrapped in blankets in a small wooden box , im just really looking for some support on how to get over my childhood friend not being here anymore i cant speak to my family cause they just see it as a cat any help will be appreciated
[image][image]
Quote 1 0
Kronsky
I'm very sorry for the loss of your beloved Dusty. I also have family that does nor understand the grief I am feeling for my cat Obie, who died a month ago.
There is no easy answer to deal with loss. Allow yourself to feel whatever you are feeling, cry when you need to. I find that looking at photos of Obie when he was healthy and active makes me smile.
Know that you gave Dusty a wonderful life, that you loved her for 20 years and that she will always reside in your heart.
I also find this forum extremely helpful as a place where other pet owners understand how you are feeling.
Quote 0 0
jordan1234
thank you so much this forum is helping me already reading over the stories im sorry for your poor obie 
Quote 0 0
Kronsky
Thank you Jordan1234.
Do you have any photos of Dusty you can share?
Quote 0 0
Marie123
I lost my beautiful black kitty Raven to the same thing last April. I'm so sorry to hear about Dusty! Twenty years is such a long time. It's got to be hard.
Like Kronsky said, allow yourself to feel whatever you feel. Cry when you need to and take your time to grieve. There's no rules, no time limit. Everyone is different. And everyone here understands what you're going through. Come here as often as you need to. I believe finding this site was Raven's gift to me for letting her go free of her pain, as she knew I was heartbroken. Perhaps Dusty is doing the same for you. Talk to her, write her a letter maybe and read it. She'll hear you, and will know how loved she is.
I wish there was an easy answer to all of this, but grief of any kind is never easy. Just know you're not alone when you're here.
Blessings from Marie and the crew 🐱🐌🐊
Quote 0 0
jordan1234
thank you so much this really means alot glad to know there is support out there for people going through this im sorry to hear about raven 
Quote 0 0
Kronsky
What a beautiful kitty. Is that your dad holding her? He seems to really love her as well.
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Dusty is just beautiful! I can see how loved she is. Thank you, Jordan. Raven was just an amazing girl. Smart, funny, quirky. I swear she was what's called an "old soul" and I'd known her from somewhere before. I hope that one day we will all meet again 🐱
Quote 0 0
GingisMom
I am sorry for your loss of Dusty. I know how it feels to be heartbroken over losing a pet and everyone on this forum knows Dusty wasn't "just a cat". You had a bond with her. That can never be broken. I know the empty feeling and somehow it just feels more quieter even though our pets weren't noisy. It is a stillness that can't be explained and a pain that can't be described. Unless someone has gone through it, they don't seem to understand. Just know your kitty and you will be reunited again someday. And she is still with you in spirit. If you feel up for it, tomorrow, and every Monday, on this site, they offer a Candle ceremony. You can write a tribute to your kitty. It helps me the last 15 month's anytime I've written to her or joined the 30 min service. There will be tears but it is very therapeutic. Prayers for you to get through this very sad time. God bless your kitty.
Denise (Sweet Ginger's Mom)
Quote 0 0