Sandrapoy Show full post »
RileysMom
Sandrapoy,

You are way too kind with what you said. But I am so glad if I was able to help in any way. These are hard moments in our lives to say the least, we certainly should not have to face them alone. I felt the pain in your words too, my heart aches knowing what you are going through. I do sincerely hope you find some relief and peace of mind.

Hugs to you and Maggie!
Val
—Loving Riley, Rosy & Axl always 🐾

Quote 0 0
RileysMom
Hi Sandrapoy,

Just wanted to check in and see how you’re doing today. This is a rough process, but I hope things are going as well as they can be, with all things considered.

Take care of yourself!
Val

Quote 0 0
Sandrapoy
Thanks Val, its nice to be checked on x well its been a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions this week but everytime I start going downhill I come back on here and read everything you have written to me....and honestly it puts me back together again, I really hope you copy down the words you wrote to me as I think they will really help anyone who has lost a little beloved one, I know my week this week would have been worse without reading your words over and over again....every day I have felt the pain of losing Molly, I start to cry, start reading your words and then I stop and breathe.....they just make so much sense and was something I really needed to hear.....making the decision to do what I did with Molly was awful and the guilt afterwards felt enough to destroy me, and you found just the right words to make me see that I was strong for her and did what needed to be done.....I feel like this is something that I can cope with now thankfully.......I will always miss Molly and have been reliving the most amazing times that we had together, she will always have a place in my heart but I also realize that her body had had enough and I can see that maybe we had kept her going a little bit past when we should have let her go.
So my crying has almost stopped and when it starts I just read your words over and over again as they make such perfect sense, my heart still feels pain as the house feels emptier, I still hate coming down stairs in the morning as Molly was such a verbal dog and would almost die of happiness when I woke up in the morning....there are so many daft things that I miss about her....
Maggie our other German Shepherd is doing well, I am glad I made the decision to let her be in the vets office with us as she hasn't looked for Molly once which is something I was worried about, but apart from sniffing the floor the following morning I feel like she knows what has happened and she knows Molly has gone, she is eating really well and eating all her treats and dog bones, I am giving her extra walks and lots of hugs, and I think she appreciates being able to come upstairs to bed now, as we had to block the stairs off a year ago as Molly couldn't get up the stairs but she would try and then fall, so a year ago we blocked the stairs off and bought their beds down into the living room so they could at least be together at night.....I think Maggie is enjoying being back upstairs with us again.
So thankfully we are all getting there slowly, I think the reason I am getting there so quickly though is still because of your words...sorry to go on about your posts but they really are what I needed and still need to hear......I hope you can help other people with what you wrote to me....Sending you a huge hug Val.
Sandra
Quote 0 0
RileysMom
I am glad that you’ve been finding some relief with everything! I agree, I think it helps to let the other ones with us know what’s happened. I let my other two see and smell Riley after she passed, so that they would know she was gone. They haven’t been looking for her either, and seem to comprehend that she is gone. So much so that their behavior has changed a bit, almost as if to compensate for the role she played in our family.

These are definitely some of the harder moments of life! I’m glad you have Maggie with you. It definitely does not replace Molly, or make her loss insignificant, but it does provide a measure of comfort to have another one with us.

Keep on hanging in there! Hugs as always to you and Maggie.
Val

Quote 0 0