Helena79
It will be 4 weeks on Wednesday since the vet came to our home and put my boy to sleep. I was a wreck for days and days. Then I was able to function more (the pain always there) normally. But today I feel like it was Just yesterday Again. The pain is unbearable and I can’t stop sobbing. Anyone else experience this? 😢
Quote 0 0
Patch_Mom
Hi Helena79, yes I understand your experience.  While I was a wreck and cried every day - the first few weeks (looking back as I just hit the 4 month mark) I realize I was also in some kind of numbness, as the pain starting actually get worse, not better, as the following weeks ensued.  I think (and have read) our bodies kind of protect us from the initial loss since it is so painful.  Reality starts sinking in and can make it even more painful.  From my understanding, it's a 'normal' part of the grieving process.  I'm so very sorry for your loss - the pic of your boy is absolutely beautiful.  Big hugs.

Jennifer
Patch's Mom
Quote 0 0
Helena79

Thank you Jennifer for replying. Your words make sense and have made me feel a little better. Have felt like I am going mad today. best wishes to you. 

Quote 0 0
lauralisa
I truly understand your feelings of loss and grief.  I lost my dog Buddy 3 weeks ago and I can't stop thinking of him. Every day seems so long and empty without him.  We are not alone in our feelings, and it helps to share them with others who have gone through the same agonizing experience.  Remember the good times and work through the grief day by day.
Quote 0 0