Wyatt Show full post »
Wyatt
Thank you everyone for your thoughts - Wyatt is still doing OK....but just OK and has been rapidly declining this week....two MAJOR nosebleeds over Christmas weekend and he is just acting weird and seems to be in pain, despite CBD Oil and Tramadol.
I doubt we have more than a week or two with him if we want to end it BEFORE it gets much worse.

Thank you, also, for your thoughts on home euthanasia and dealing with "the spot".....I completely understand where you're coming from but I still think we are 100% going to do it at home.
Quote 0 0
whiskeysmom
I"m so sorry. Same thing happened to Whiskey. He went downhill so fast. 

For the nosebleeds, see if your vet can give you epinephrine drops..it helped for my baby. :( this is all so hard, we know :(
SW
Quote 0 0
Wyatt
Whiskey's Mom - they did give him that after his first bad one, but they didn't seem to work very well....instead they recommended Yunna BaiYao which works VERY well and we use it on a daily basis to control bleeds. When he gets a bad one, if we give him two it usually clears up within 5-10 minutes. 
Quote 0 0
whiskeysmom
I'm glad he got something that works!

Yeah the epinephrine didn't work that last night before he was put to sleep :( the bleed was too bad :(
SW
Quote 0 0
Skyesmom1
My beautiful sheltie Skye, rescued her 2 years ago and she is now approximately 4 years old was diagnosed with nasal cancer this week. Initially thought it was a winter cold and had 2 weeks on antibiotics that seemed to clear it up but then I started to hear the sniffles and sneezing again. What was worse was I found a small round bump on her muzzle that had not been there before. Vet took X-rays which only confirmed that it wasn’t a foreign object (my hope) and she believes it to be nasal cancer. She is now taking doxycycline and a herbal status breaker. I am only planning palliative care.

My older Sheltie is 15, was adopted at 7 and had mammary cancer about 7 months after I got her. She was treated with chemo successfully and a second round of a stronger type when it metastasized 4 years later. The surgeries, treatments, and the life threatening side effects of the treatment costs me thousand and thousands - ball park $20k but now I’m semi retired and just can’t spend that again.

The grief, the guilt, the pain..... I never expected to loose her so soon - it never entered my mind. She was a nervous scared dog who seemed to hate me when I got her but totally blossomed in her second year. She is my love and I truly feel I earned her love and to loose it so soon breaks my heart. I hate leaving her for to long as I hate to miss any time I have left.
Quote 0 0
camunki
I am so sorry about what you are going thru with your Skye, and being only 4 y/o makes it that much harder, feeling like she was jilted out of life.

Hold onto hope, because you never know what can happen in the upcoming days/weeks and my prayers are with you and your girl Skye.

My Munki who crossed the bridge back in Dec 3rd 2015, she had lung cancer and aggressively turned to nasal cancer within one week, she stopped eating and I knew that it was time to set her free. Cancer sucks and just robs us of precious time with our babies.

My heart goes out to you along with many prayers....keep me posted as i hope things have a turnaround for the better.

Cam

Quote 0 0