sparky2016
My best friend, how do I move on when you are no longer here...
Quote 0 0
Baileysbro
He is a cutey in that pic

Sorry for your loss.

Bailey
October 31, 2002 - April 19, 2016 10:25 P.M.
My best friend, my companion, my love

[e8de4bc1-77ae-4da2-9834-109b68b6cda8]

[Paws-for-the-News-Grieving-the-loss-of-a-pet] 
Quote 0 0
sparky2016
Thank you!!!
Quote 0 0
julieandfurbabies
I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful baby.   I know it's so heartbreaking when we lose them.  It's been five years for me.   This lovely forum helped me, please keep on posting your feelings there are always lovely people in the same boat who understand and can help you.   Someone told me to buy a book and write in it, a bit like a diary but just writing to my sweet Gemma.  I found this helped me so much   
Love Julie x
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
oh he sure is a cutie and he's still right there with you, only difference is his energy is spirit rather than physical.  as much as we all wish our loved friends were still with us, there comes the day when all our names will be called home and think of our reunion.  this belief is the one driving force for me moving forward into each new day without my dear service dog roxie.  we're here for you.  many many hugs
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
bartlett
So sorry for the loss of your pretty little doxie. I love all doggies but have had doxies since 1978 and they are such sweet, funny and personable babies. I lost my long haired doxie, Chester, back in Dec. and not a day goes by that I don't think of him and all the ways he made my life better. So full of attitude and intelligence and just a joy to be owned by him. I hope you'll find some peace in the days to come, but it takes a long time and it's very hard. I have other dogs but there's only one Chester. Hugs to you.
joan bartlett
Quote 0 0
sparky2016
Thank you everyone for your responses. We have lost 2 dogs in the last 6 months. Sparky was my "baby love" and I enjoyed every day with him.
I have children and a husband at home with me and feel that none of them understand how I am feeling. I'm not sure how to go back to "normal life" tomorrow. I'd like to cancel everything on my calendar except then I realize I would be all alone. Any suggestions or advise would be appreciated.
Quote 0 0
sparky2016
I'm approaching the end of my first week without my Sparky...The fog is slowly lifting although still heavy. I'm facing my first birthday tomorrow without him as as I'm typing I'm incredibly sad...This just seems incredibly cruel to have blended seamlessly with another life and then to have that life taken away. I'm left with an emptiness that I've not felt before.

I miss you Sparky!!
Quote 0 0
CKMP
Sparky2016
It is difficult - and there are no words that are able to ease the pain, ease the loneliness or ease the emptiness.  I wandered through the first week  
somehow, someway . . .  and you are right it is as if being always in a fog.  Life seems so surreal . . .  And it does seem as if others do not really 'get it' even close family and friends.  I think I have come to realize there is 'no normal life' any more - at least not the same 'normal' as before the loss.  A treasured and beloved member of your family is physically gone - that has to change our lives.  We always hear 'life is unfair' or 'life is cruel' - only to come to know just how true those sentiments can be.  It is tough to be with people and tough to be alone- most things seem mundane and a lot less important or pleasing.  I am so sorry you and everyone here is experiencing this.  Many people have offered up lots of suggestions to help work through the immediacy of the hurt and the grief - from journal writing, talking and sharing on this forum,  to creating memorials.  Talking to Sparky might bring you to see Sparky will always be with you - and is never far from your side - You have lost so much within the last 6 months - grieving is so darn rough and so so important.  People on this forum are so helpful, and kind and understanding.  Everyone here unfortunately have been or are going through this - Be kind and patient with yourself.   Part of what we struggle with is that ever long list of 'firsts without' . . . Believe me I lost one of my girls two months ago and the tears still flow everyday, still plagued with guilt, emptiness and sadness - and moving through that list painfully.
Wishing you a good Birthday Day tomorrow and I believe Sparky is there - a love so loved is never lost; he walks beside you and is never far.  Warm thoughts.
Quote 0 0
Vandome
So sorry for your loss.  We are all here for you.  I lost my boy last June 4th 2015 from Kidney Disease. He was only 8 yrs old.  The grief is hard and I so understand what you are going through.  My boy was the LOVE of my life. May you find peace in your days to come.  Bless You 24.jpg 
Quote 0 0