Lela
On Friday Morning, May 22nd, 2020...I took my Yorkie Terrier Luna to get spade at the animal clinic. That same afternoon I picked her up at the clinic and when she saw me she place her head on my shoulder. It was such a comforting feeling. She seemed fine. When I arrived home she slept for a few hours. Around 9 pm she began twitching and I called the clinic and was told it’s normal. I held Luna for a few hours after that until she was no longer twitching. Luna was vocalizing too and I felt terrible for her. She was in pain. She fell asleep and I kept checking on her throughout the night until I fell asleep myself. I was so exhausted from the night before since Luna didn’t let me sleep and my anxiety got the best of me (I was nervous about this procedure she was having). Luna slept right next to me that same night on my bed. The next morning, my mom woke me up and told me Luna wasn’t breathing. I jumped up and Luna lifeless soul didn’t move. I broke down to tears because this wasn’t suppose to happen. She was only 10 mths. Her body was stiff. My Luna was gone. I was sad, mad, frustrated and still my emotions are all over the place with this heartbreaking situation. I find myself guilty at times and think what if I didn’t fell asleep, I should have taken her to the clinic, or I should have never schedule that appt, etc. In about a week, I will be moving to a new house with a backyard and she won’t be there to enjoy. Luna was close to my family. They loved her and are suffering too. My mom, sister, brother in law,  my 1yr and1/2 old niece misses Luna. It breaks my heart because she didn’t have the chance to live. The guilt, the questioning of what if the vet did something wrong eats me away. I get her autopsy results in 7 days. For now, I’ll just wait and take things day by day. I have found comfort with my family and my sister dog Bella who is also a Yorkie (12yrs old). Bella has been more attached to me and my mom since Luna passing. For some reason I smell Luna still on my bed. I hear her vocal sounds as if she is seeking attention from me. I miss her so much. She was my best friend and now she is gone. I’m just upset she was taken away. At times I feel empty. It was my first time as a dog mom and I feel like I failed her. I know it will take time to get through this. I just wish I had more time with her, more snuggles, more licks, and more hugs. May Luna RIP and know that I will always love her, cherish our moments, and will be with her one day again.
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
I am very sorry for your loss of your sweet, young Luna. It is normal to feel guilty but it is not your fault. It is a common procedure that is in the best interest of your pet. You took good care of Luna and she was clearly loved by you and your family.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 0 0
BojiPat
I can’t imagine the shock you experienced when your sweet Luna left this earth. Loss is difficult enough, but the trauma you endured intensifies your grief. Please do not blame yourself for what happened. There are risks to every procedure, and unfortunately Luna was one of the rare exceptions of a fairly routine spay. I’m willing to bet she knew how much you loved her. There is no way you could have expected this to happen. Luna will be missed, but I hope in time you can remember happy times together rather than her loss. Give yourself permission to grieve. It will take time, but I know you will eventually walk out of the darkness and realize how much richer your life has been by knowing Luna’s love. 
Pat, Quinn’s mom 🌈
You may visit Quinn's memorial at:
https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/QUINN004/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
lotusbunny
I know all too well what it’s like to lose a pup at such a young age, and to something that could have been prevented. You feel cheated out of a decade of memories to be had and things to experience. I just lost my 1 year old Golden doodle in January and it’s truly such a horrible feeling. You have every right to be angry and I can’t imagine the emotions running through your body.
I’m so sorry for your loss. And I am so sorry you had to experience something so traumatic and horrible as that. My sincerest condolences for you and for your beautiful sweet Luna. May she rest easy now. I am sure you were an incredible dog mama, and you did not fail her in any way. Please remember that and do not blame yourself. 
-Kitty
Quote 0 0