heppy
it started with copd, and then cushings, and they want me to spend a thousand dollars on her for more testing......feel sick to my stomach....

Joyce
hepburn smith
Quote 0 0
Baileys_mum_01
I am sorry your little one is sick.  You and your baby are in my thoughts and prayers.
Quote 0 0
spiritdog
My dog had Cushings for 3 + years. It is controllable, but the testing at the beginning is not cheap.

Please see an IMS, not a regular vet.

Also visit this forum. There are a lot of people with Cush dogs there, and a lot of info. too.

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/

Once Side was on the correct dosage of Trilostane, all the symptoms disappeared.

Hang in there.
"People disappoint, dogs never do" - spiritdog

"You MUST be your pets ADVOCATE, if it doesn't feel right walk away." - spiritdog
Quote 0 0
PeteyLover
Listen to Spiritdog Joyce, she knows what she's talking about with this. hang in there.
Quote 0 0
dian
My Farrah had all the symptoms of cushings but her test showed negative. My vet still thought she had it but did not feel comfortable giving her the meds gor it.She was 16 so our testing was limited due to her age. Cushings is very common and can be controlled with the right meds. Try to gather all the info you can on this disease. The more you know the more apt you will be in making decisions for treatment. My Farrah also had lung problems
Quote 0 0
Michaeljohn
My Farrah had all the symptoms of cushings but her test showed negative. My vet still thought she had it but did not feel comfortable giving her the meds gor it.She was 16 so our testing was limited due to her age. Cushings is very common and can be controlled with the right meds. Try to gather all the info you can on this disease. The more you know the more apt you will be in making decisions for treatment. My Farrah also had lung problems

julieandfurbabies
My little Gemsie has Cushings Disease.  She was on a tablet called vetoryl that gave her a new lease of life.  After being diagnosed with the disease she lived for another three years. Dearest Joyce, please do not worry, the disease can be controlled my friend on the right medication.  I felt the same as you when I found out but your baby can still live a normal love.  My love to you my friend and go give your baby a big hug x  
Love Julie x
Quote 0 0