Turtle_lady
My poor tortoise, Delilah, passed away yesterday. I had her for 7 years. She became egg bound, went into dystocia and had to have emergency surgery, which is very difficult for both vet and tortoise since they have to cut through the shell. Man, typing this hurts. She did very well for 8 weeks after....eating, drinking, getting stronger all the while....day before yesterday, I noticed that she was just slightly off on one leg. I figured "Meh....if it gets worse, I'll call it in". She didn't eat much that day but neither did my other, so I figured it was warm out and they weren't hungry. Then yesterday morning, she was lying there with her mouth gaping open. She wasn't stiff and her eyes were still glossy so I initiated CPR on her for over an hour. I did it all the way to the emergency vet while my hubby drove the car, until the vet pronounced her dead. 

I feel horrible and I can't sleep. I keep kicking myself. I wish to god I had the brains god gave a cricket to get her in right away when I noticed she was unsound on her leg as hind legs are a sign of kidney function in a tortoise. I feel so incredibly stupid. The vet pulled her through but I let her die. Plus, I wasted the family's money trying to save her only to let her die. Every tiny glitch in her care for the last two months I've been analyzing. I hate this. I'm no novice when it comes to pet loss because I own so many animals but this is a bad one. She should have lived to over 100 but because of me, she died in her twenties. Like a human, her life was just beginning. 

Rest in awesomeness, baby girl. Too soon. Too soon.
Bright Eyes, burning like fire
Bright eyes, how can you close and fail?
How can the light that burned so brightly suddenly burn so pale?
Quote 0 0
William
Hi
Sounds like you did everything you could. As with humans we all think 100 is the magic number where life ends. We know that's not always the case.
Kidney failure can not always be cured. I imagine that comes with a huge cost.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Sometimes we can " chalk up " symptoms to other things. We shouldn't punish ourselves. You know you loved. Hang in to that❤️
Kim
Quote 1 0
LuckyLouWho23
I don't know if you saw my post. I'm new to this, so I don't know how it works. I just want to make sure that you know how much what you said meant to me and to my daughter. Thank you for that. We're sorry for your losses. I'm sure that it took a lot for you to share that with us. Once again we appreciate it.
Quote 1 0
1furbabymom
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Quote 1 0